• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 10 December

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

I’m taking over for wilco, and since this is the console/handheld category, you could have seen it coming: a DS game. Smile

The second game in the Professor Layton series (known in Europe and Australia as Pandora’s Box) does the same thing as the first game, and has the same flair as all other games in the series: a lot of production value, great cutscenes, the famous riddles you’re given by everyone, lots of mini-games and an over-the-top story. While this game improved on some of the weaknesses of the first, it also had a weaker story, imo. But frankly, I rate the first four games in the series equally. They’re all very similar…

This one mostly takes place on one of AG’s favourite locations: the Orient Molentary Express. In the screenshot, you see the titular Box, called the Elysian Box or Pandora’s Box, depending on your version of the game…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 10 December 2015 06:22 PM

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

I’m taking over for wilco, and since this is the console/handheld category, you could have seen it coming: a DS game. Smile

Taking over, as in Taking Over? Or taking over, as in posting in his stead for the day.

If the former, welcome to the world of the overworked and underappreciated!  Smile

As I don’t own a console of any sort, this will likely be my last Thursday post.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 10 December 2015 06:36 PM

Taking over, as in Taking Over? Or taking over, as in posting in his stead for the day.

As in “posting in his stead for the day, and next week too”.

The best part is that I actually found two (and even three) games that I’ve played that hadn’t been posted yet in an AGSotD. Tongue

rtrooney - 10 December 2015 06:36 PM

If the former, welcome to the world of the overworked and underappreciated!  Smile

I maintain this daily. That’s quite enough, thank you. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top