• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Sunday 6 September

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hell, I was prepared to bash Runaway: A Road Adventure for its streamlined story, deja vu and cliched elements on every corner, and so-so humor… but then I remembered that every new game possess a shitty graphics compared to Runaway’s art. A philosophy on its own, that demands hard work and dedication. Hell, it’s a great game!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I replayed it recently, and didn’t find it as bad as I did the first time around (or even the second time). It probably helped that I remembered the solutions to the most stupid puzzles (making peanut butter, getting the tool out of the trough…).

It’s not a good game by any stretch, but with a hotspot revealer added in and Brian agreeing to pick stuff up without needing to know what for, it would have been decent. Many of the secondary characters are good, and it still looks great.

Runaway 2 (which I’m currently replaying), on the other hand, is pure, unadulterated shit.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I haven’t replayed these but I still pretty much agree with above text. I couldn’t even finish the second game. I tried the demo of third and it seemed good enough actually. I think I might even have these games from some bundle. Could replay the first because of the side characters. I think my summary of first game was “forgettable and unlikable protagonists, cool side characters and underused bits of mythology”.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I am of the opposite of Kurufinwe in that I enjoyed the game the first time around, but having replayed it recently, I found it quite bad. The graphics are still amazing, but the obtuse puzzles, the pixel hunting, the inability to pick up items until Brian feels like it, and all the bad stereotypes make it really bad.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 06 September 2015 07:57 AM

Hell, it’s a great game!

It’s been years since I’ve heard this song. The beginning sounds so much like Cranberries…

About Runaway, I really need to replay it and finally finish the second one someday

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Brian is such a bland nondescript nobody. Depressingly cheerful too. I hated him.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

My relationship with the Runaway series is kind of a love/hate thing.

My main hate being that they consistently overuse cutscenes, and use it as a kind of fast forward button to skip over large parts, that could just as well has been part of the game.

The characters, the story and the graphics being the most positive about the series, and fortunately it outweighs the negative.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 06 September 2015 02:51 PM

Brian is such a bland nondescript nobody. Depressingly cheerful too. I hated him.

So, you loved the game?! Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 07 September 2015 10:03 AM
Karlok - 06 September 2015 02:51 PM

So, you loved the game?! Grin

N-no… but the graphics were nice.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 07 September 2015 10:08 AM

N-no… but the graphics were nice.

Ahh… you loved it!  Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top