• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jatsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 15 August 2015

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The biggest surprise today to everyone & myself when I saw a message from diego at about 5.00 p.m. (as I was out all morning) is that he’s not around this weekend & I’ve just posted this screenshot ad hoc to fill in!

It’s from Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy & 29th in this long-running series of games which I’ve just recently played. As expected it’s very puzzle-orientated & there were a few timed ones also which were not too difficult but even playing on Amateur Detective I found the game pleasingly/infuriatingly challenging!
I did find the story ridiculously contrived but at the same time fun & also interesting in that you get to learn more about Nancy’s mother & what happened to her. My thought was that the story lagged & was overly complicated otherwise drew you in to a much darker game in the series.    Smile

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

This is one of my favorite Nancy Drew games. The characters all changed and grew personally (or revealed themselves to be different than expected) and I was pleased with how much more complicated the plot was than in other NDs that I’ve played. I liked how Nancy’s family past was woven into the game. Nancy was more of a real person in this game, not just the idealized detective I often think of her as. I agree that the puzzles were tough, and the game sometimes leaves you wondering what on earth to do next, so there’s quite a bit of wandering around, trying to figure out how to make things progress.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Nice job filling in. I’ve played one ND casual and no ND adventures. I “probably” have a preconceived notion as to what the game will be like. And that notion is also “probably” wrong.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Becky - 15 August 2015 04:53 PM

This is one of my favorite Nancy Drew games. The characters all changed and grew personally (or revealed themselves to be different than expected) and I was pleased with how much more complicated the plot was than in other NDs that I’ve played. I liked how Nancy’s family past was woven into the game. Nancy was more of a real person in this game, not just the idealized detective I often think of her as. I agree that the puzzles were tough, and the game sometimes leaves you wondering what on earth to do next, so there’s quite a bit of wandering around, trying to figure out how to make things progress.

I really liked this game too Becky & loved the revelations about Nancy’s past but couldn’t help thinking that the core plot was a tad ridiculous & difficult to believe - for me it was too laboured & the story not very ‘clever’ as it was too over the top - for me it just needed a more grounded scenario that could have incorporated most of the plot elements in a different way!    Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The only Nancy Drew games I played are Phantom of Venice, which was OK, and bit of Nancy Drew: The Captive Curse (which reminded me of Gabriel Knight) which was also OK, but… everything I think of Nancy Drew games in general, and from those 2 games I played I said in this thread. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top