• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veoviszobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 14 August

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

The screenshot is from Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies. It boasts excellent graphics, superb music, good effects and possibly the best voice acting I’ve ever heard in a casual game. Perhaps better than most AGs. I would have to go back and look, but I think it was my nomination for casual game of the year in 2014. It’s been nominated a few times for the CCPT, but never got much traction.

The setting is Ireland. A witch, Rita, is attempting to capture all the fairies so that she can extract their fairy powers. This will allow her to open the portal to the fairy kingdom ruled by the King of the Fairies, Oberon. The fairies, who’s power she covets, escaped from Oberon’s tyrannically-ruled kindom ages ago, and they have no wish to return to his rule. So the basic three objectives are to free the fairies, destroy the fiends and permanently seal the portal. Piece of soda bread!

The hidden object scenes are fairly infrequent, and those that do appear offer much variety. A game of random list HO scenes this is not. Puzzles are an even mix of inventory and logic. Many inventory items need to be combined with other inventory items in order to be useable. (Almost sound like an adventure game.) The game is from EIPIX, which has a reputation for quality games. The last Casual Friday game, Final Cut - Death on the Silver Screen was from the EIPIX studios as well.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 13 August 2015 09:20 PM

It’s been nominated a few times for the CCPT, but never got much traction.

That could change now! Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There was another thread I started recently that discussed retro graphics. I know we’re not talking 20+-hour adventure games here. But when I look at a scene like this, I wonder why retro graphics have such an avid following. I don’t know what engine EIPIX is using, but they are certainly tuning out some gorgeous scenery on a budget that has to be pretty bare bones

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top