• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 13 August

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The Wii has a good number of adventure games, probably because of it’s controls and success a lot of PC games were ported for it. However exclusive adventures were not very abundant.
Another Code: R – A Journey into Lost Memories was built for the Wii by Cing and was the sequel to the successful DS game. Like the DS game, Cing uses the full extent of the Wiimote capabilities with some new gameplay ideas and not just the usual waggle (although there is still plenty of waggling going on). Game looks good, lots of dialogue, even possible to make some decisions and give different answers. It follows the story of a more grown up Ashley in a visit to her terrible father but checking it out this week I’ve noticed I never finished it, I’ll have to get it someday.

And rip Cing , WiiU and 3DS are missing you…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

RIP Cing.

I never played this, despite owning a Wii. By the time that I had played Another Code, my Wii had been relegated to a dust-collecting cupboard ornament.
And since I’m getting rid of my Wii soon, I’ll probably never play this… Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

You can use the dolphin emulator (getting the dvd drive that is supported by it is a bit of a pain though). That’s the way I play my old wii games, I got rid of the wii but the emulator is actually a better experience for a lot of games.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Just a little snippet about the games unusual puzzles that I found interesting:

As everybody knows the controller Wiimote has the buttons A, B, 1, 2, - , + and direccional buttons.
The protagonist of the game (Ashley) also has a Wiimote-like device to unlock doors. You have to point it at the lock and input the code that shows up. The first one is something like “AB12” so you just press those buttons in the Wiimote. Second one is “21B3” so you I had to press 2, 1, B but for the 3 you had to actually 1, +, 2 in the wiimote and so on. Sounds deceptively simple of course but I was not used to look at the controller buttons that way and I think it’s an example of how Cing used to look at all the possibilities of the interface. (like they did in the DS Another Code).

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 13 August 2015 06:24 PM

it’s an example of how Cing used to look at all the possibilities of the interface. (like they did in the DS Another Code).

Oh yeah, they were really innovative this way. Nobody else would have thought to use “blowing into the mic” or “closing the lid” or even “half-closing the lid so you can see one screen’s reflection in the other” as viable gameplay elements for the DS.
It’s no surprise that they did the same with the Wiimote.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top