• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jatsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 23 July

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Probably could have picked one of the better looking pictures of Journey (PS3/PS4): The beginning of game in the desert,the sandsurfing in the sunset, climbing the tower in a sea of light or the final flight -  but this is my favourite part of the game. When the snow starts showing the camera just pans closer and there’s a natural tendency for the players to stick together, specially when snowstorm really hits and communication starts to fade.

It got released this week on the PS4 and it was a good excuse to climb the mountain again. I think I was playing with someone probably going through it the first time and it felt good to be the guide for once. Still amazes me how easy it is to communicate with just little sounds and no words.

The game doesn’t need much introduction, it’s a online co-op adventure about going on a journey with a stranger. It’s short - about 1-2 hours - but there’s ton on replayability with new stuff to uncover and different experiences to have. It’s also a good game to play when your feeling down and just want to conquer that mountain.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The co-op experience is unusual in that you can choose to spend a lot of time or just a little time with one companion—if you leave the game, that person is automatically assigned a new companion. So as far as I can tell, no one ever has to play the game alone, but you don’t feel compelled to rely on one particular person/personality either. So if you decide to leave the game, you never feel as though you are leaving someone in the lurch.

This was unlike co-op play in, for instance, Myst Online: Uru Live where, if you left the game, the group would probably have to figure out how to find someone currently elsewhere in the game who could be a replacement.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The different companions changes is really seamless. In this playthrough I had 3 different companions and didn’t noticed until the end credits when they show the names. The whole co-op system is really simple but at the same time well-though-out.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top