• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DinahPence

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day -  Tuesday 21 July

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

There’s everything in Dragon Lore II: The Heart of the Dragon Man - inventory, shield and swords, spells, compass, the dragon that wouldn’t fly… EVERYTHING! There’s even the maze! But it’s no maze just like any other, it’s the most unfair frickin’ maze you’ll ever see! What’s the thing - it’s a so-called ENCHANTED maze. Yeah, talk about excuses for frustration: The forest is so “enchanted”, that the maze (and map), changes itself on your each step. In other words, you can’t draw it. Grin

Still, I love this game for everything it tried to be, and even for what it is. The original in the series I’m yet to play.

p.s. sorry for the delay. But, hey, it’s still Tuesday in some time zones! Smile Crazy

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

It’s still Tuesday here. More than an hour to go before Wednesday.

Just curious—if the maze keeps changing, and you can’t map it, how do you get through it? Close your eyes and click your heels together three times and say: “there’s no place like home”?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I only played the first Dragon Lore. I remember it being very confusing at first (the interface was particularly awful; and I don’t think I ever got the hang of combat in that game), but somewhat decent if you stuck with it.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Becky - 21 July 2015 10:22 PM

Just curious—if the maze keeps changing, and you can’t map it, how do you get through it? Close your eyes and click your heels together three times and say: “there’s no place like home”?

You know, that may just be right! Grin Wink Magic is a big part of Dragon Lore 2, though you still have to find your place through the maze. I know I tried to map it, and gave up after I concluded that the pattern doesn’t repeat itself. I’m playing it now again to refresh my memory, and I see that the much bigger problem is the erratic movement. Where “erratic” is a mild word of expression. Grin You’ARE given the map of each section (forest, city…), but it’s more than useless due to a complete lack of orientation. Going LEFT, RIGHT, or FORWARD is never what it’s supposed to be. For example, if you click to go straight ahead, you character may go slightly left, right, forward, than left again, and possibly back to where you started, all in one turn. In other words, Dragon Lore 2 is a game where you shouldn’t map the gameworld, but the movement of your hero. Grin Tongue

Also, did I mention that the forest “maze” is nothing compared to the maze later in the game?

Kurufinwe - 22 July 2015 02:39 AM

I only played the first Dragon Lore. I remember it being very confusing at first (the interface was particularly awful; and I don’t think I ever got the hang of combat in that game), but somewhat decent if you stuck with it.

There you go, you described Dragon Lore 2 as well. Wink Though I’d say the atmosphere (much thanks to a wonderful music) is its strongest part, of course, if your nerves survive the gameplay/interface first.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Hmm.. I know that I also played the first Dragon Lore game, though I can hardly remember anything about it all. I think I thought that it was okay-ish but nothing special.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top