• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 11 June

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Time travel can be terribly awkward, Marty McFly learned it years ago and in Time Hollow for the DS things also get a bit weird.

In this scene love interest Kori has part ways with the protagonist Ethan, the awkward part is that due to time travelling (minor spoiler) she is also the love interest of Ethan’s Uncle... Love triangle? Thankfully this is a very minor point in the game.

About the game, it deals with time travel and all the butterfly effect shenanigans about how the different changes in the past affect the present, that’s the most interesting part about it. The story ok if you not think about it too much (like most time travel stuff to me). The puzzles are original but way too guided and easy. I think the main problem with the game is that it’s too short, linear and most side characters, while fun, are not very developed at all.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I love Time Hollow! It may have its flaws, and it certainly poses no challenge whatsoever, but I thought the plot was really gripping. The first time I played it, I just couldn’t put it down and ended up completing over essentially a single session.

(And I absolutely can’t remember what the deal with Kori was, except that it confused me quite a bit at the time. Oh well, I guess I should replay the game.)

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Time Hollow is, IMHO, nice, but average J-adventure. I played it after the classics (999, Phoenix Wright series) so I was not that impressed with story or characters.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 11 June 2015 07:17 AM

Tongue

Smile  Naughty

Kurufinwe - 11 June 2015 07:33 AM

I love Time Hollow! It may have its flaws, and it certainly poses no challenge whatsoever, but I thought the plot was really gripping. The first time I played it, I just couldn’t put it down and ended up completing over essentially a single session.

One thing it has in it’s favor is that it’s straight to the point, none unnecessary padding that sometimes happens in these adventures. Keeps the action going forward (or back in time)

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I love time traveling, I have Time Hollow and my Nintendo DS has been gathering dust for years. Got to play this one soon!

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I don’t myself have a DS (I probably have mentioned that already) but Time Hollow does seem appealing although like a lot of the Adventures made for DS from what I’ve seen in screenshots the characters come across as too ‘cute-looking’ for my taste which is something I can get over if the games are interesting enough!  Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’m actually playing this for the first time right now. I have no idea how anyone could finish it over a single session, but I like it so far, at least much more than 999.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The 3DS could use more adventure games in this style and time travel is always fun.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 11 June 2015 07:33 AM

^ This!

I absolutely LOVE Time Hollow! Really good production values as well. Graphics are great, and that intro theme (as well as its video) is awesome.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 17 June 2015 06:08 PM

I absolutely LOVE Time Hollow! Really good production values as well. Graphics are great, and that intro theme (as well as its video) is awesome.

Bah. This is the greatest NDS game song ever!

(sorry)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top