• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 18 May 2015

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

1954: Alcatraz
(2014), a 3rd person perspective game with 2 playable characters, took me quite a few hours longer to complete than the 5 or 6 mentioned in the couple of reviews I read despite finding it a tad on the easy side. 
The story, unbelievable in some ways, does lend itself to a little more depth but I found it interesting enough with convict Joe Lyons trying to bring to fruition his plan to escape from ‘The Rock’ while meanwhile his wife Christine who lives in the far more fascinating world of the North Beach, San Francisco ‘Beat Scene’ (which got me looking stuff up on Wikipedia!) makes plans to help Joe while having to deal with death-threats from gangster Mickey unless she recovers the money from the heist that both he & her husband were involved in. 

I very much enjoyed the game despite its flaws, liked the portrayal of the characters, the voice-acting & soundtrack; also there are a few different endings dependant on choices made. Some players may be offended by some of the content!             

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

I really enjoyed the game, it had a nice noir story with a great jazz soundtrack and also some beautiful 2D backgrounds, my favorite one is this underground hip library

chrissie - 18 May 2015 08:29 AM

Some players may be offended by some of the content!

What do you mean, I don`t remember anything very offending ?!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

1954: Alcatraz is a game that I have mixed feelings about, and I really can’t decide if I like it or not

When it is at its best, it reminds me of games like Grim Fandango or the more recent The Journey Down, and at its worst it reminds me of games like 15 Days or A Golden Wake. Overall it was interesting and enjoyable enough that I don’t regret buying or spending my time on it, but it won’t make it to my favourites list.

Edit:

Abnaxus - 18 May 2015 10:18 AM

Using a steelbar on someone’s head perhaps?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Iznogood - 18 May 2015 11:06 AM

Oh that… I thought she was talking about racism or something.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Abnaxus - 18 May 2015 11:42 AM
Iznogood - 18 May 2015 11:06 AM

Oh that… I thought she was talking about racism or something.

I myself found nothing in the game that was offensive to me apart from a few moral choices which involved causing the death of someone else & in at least 1 case you didn’t have the chance to avoid. Yes, other aspects of the game that didn’t bother me but may upset other players are referred to in Emily Morganti’s very good, if harsh, review here which I recommend reading! Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top