• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cage Match#9 (Martin Ganteföhr Master Piece) 

Poll: Martin Ganteföhr Master Piece?
Total Votes: 15
Overclocked: History of Violence
The Moment of Silence

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Moment of Silence  Wins!

Score for the record:-
Overclocked: History of Violence: 06
The Moment of Silence: 07

————————————————-

One of the best forumites achievements here (imo) was Bogi’s “There Can Be Only One” final list/ranking of the best 134 adventure games of all time, while comparing it to any other top 100 list might struck you with great similarities but a close look will reveal that this list is the most reliable and true one all over the internet (and let’s not get drifted here, but remember you were part of it, so be proud).

Two gems were ‘overlooked’ at most of the top 100 lists of adventure games (but not at our list); Overclocked: History of Violence and The Moment of Silence, they both are of the best Mature/Dark/Conspiracy/Melancholic themed adventures ever made, and all the credit goes for the impressive writing of Martin Ganteföhr; intense atmosphere, gritty dialogue, crisped plot, daring twists and amazing character’s design.

As much as Bogi/Adventure’Gamers’ list shows The Moment of Silence withstands Overclocked: History of Violence, but I had seen many different opinions than this over my time here at these forums.

If you would like to write a couple sentences of how you feel about your choice/the-game, it would be very appreciated to this match discussion, I guess.

Image Attachments

18317.jpg

Total Posts: 2990

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Sadly, I haven’t played neither of them. Perhaps in a future AGCP….

EDIT: There should have been a way to check the voting results without having to vote first!!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 18 May 2015 02:41 AM

Sadly, I haven’t played neither of them.

Gasp Pan

Perhaps in a future AGCP….

Thumbs Up

This is actually a very though choice for me, as they are both excellent games and very even in quality.
I will however go with Overclocked as it made a bigger impression on me on my first playthrough.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sadly, I haven’t played neither of them. Perhaps in a future AGCP….

My thoughts exactly. Both are on my list of games to play (reasonably high even), so I’d definitely be interested in a CPT.

EDIT: There should have been a way to check the voting results without having to vote first!!

I agree. But I’m a mod and have ways of checking the results without having to vote first. Innocent
Overclocked is leading 3-2 at the moment. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Adding a “No Vote” button should solve that problem.

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Hard choice, but it fell on Overclocked. I agree that House of Tales has produced a couple of great adventure games, but they have imo been much stronger in the story department than in gameplay/technical execution.

HoT is also responsible for one of the worst games of all times. The Mystery of the Druids…

Haven’t played 15 Days.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 18 May 2015 05:44 AM

This is actually a very though choice for me, as they are both excellent games and very even in quality.

actually it wasnt easy for me either, i did not vote once the thread made but today morning.

though i am still in awe with TMoS after my recent reply but Overclocked had to get my vote, the magic of the story and how the history of the hero revealed through the game, and with the other five playable characters, makes this experience one of a kind for me.

Veovis - 18 May 2015 11:22 AM

HoT is also responsible for one of the worst games of all times. The Mystery of the Druids…

Haven’t played 15 Days.

exactly what i was thinking, i think HoT had taken strange approach with each adventure,
kinda went soft on the gameplaying difficulties and interaction, what makes Overclocked at a good spot through their downfall. It is strange that i speak as if all that was unintentional, but it kinda seems like this to me, especially when you look at the huge differences between The Mystery of the Druid and 15 days in everyway.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

The funny thing is that if I start breaking the games down into individual components, like number of locations or quality of puzzles, then I think that tMoS wins, but overall Overclocked still left the biggest impressions.

Perhaps because Overclocked is the darkest of the two games. Not that tMoS could be described as a light game, but it is more like Dreamfall dark, whereas Overclocked is more like IHNMAIMS dark.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you know, i dont mind rushed ending or unjustified elements of a story, as long as it (is a page turner) keeps me going, but i do mind unjustified puzzles, when you spend hours trying to hold yourself off walkthroughs, and you give up to find that the answer doesn’t make sense, only in the i-wanna-frustrate-you way, and TMoS held handful of those.

a long code in a video with no pause option you need to write down in a jiffy.
a dissolved capsule you need crack open with a sharp knife.
shutting down parabolic dishes with hours of frustration, as a way to tell that this is your last puzzle through the game still unjustified, and a couple of others not worth mentioning .

If it wasnt for those, i would had gone for it, as this game held the most amazing characters and dialogues, ....
haha, remember Linda from Lunar-5, she was one piece of art Grin

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I can remember a lot about the plot of Moment of Silence.
Can’t remember much about Overclocked at all, even though I played it more recently.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top