• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 01 May 2015

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Amongst the compilation of Freeware games on the Special Collection Edition of a Pinhead Games disc I stumbled across a demo of Nearly Departed: The Story of a Reluctant Zombie (2006).
The subject didn’t immediately grab me but the story did, & I was impressed by the artwork so it was no surprise that this was the personal project of artist John Green an on-going illustrator for comics but also a background artist at the very least for the video games industry, familiar works in the AG genre including Emerald City Confidential, Puzzle Bots & A Stitch in Time.

As far as I can tell the game was to be co-produced with Pinhead Games who were going to provide at least the voicing - I don’t know what happened but there is a later demo of the game than the one I played which is apparently 70% of the game. Sadly it didn’t get finished & there are no updates after 2012 when it seemed that John Green was accused of stealing intellectual property from Telltale Games. 
The demo can still be accessed & I thought as far as I got it was quite an interesting traditional adventure which I dearly would have liked to have had more of!

..........................................................................................

Today being May 1st I just thought I would mention that this is the last month that Karlok & I will be presenting screenshots for AGSotD & it would be lovely if one or more members here would like to think about taking over from June 1st!     

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 01 May 2015 10:26 AM

there is a later demo of the game than the one I played which is apparently 70% of the game.

Oh, i never i knew that, the demo i played wasn’t more than 5-10% of the game as far as i guessed.
i dont know if i am gonna go looking for the extra long Demo, but i know i wish to see this game released one day!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 01 May 2015 10:35 AM

Oh, i never i knew that, the demo i played wasn’t more than 5-10% of the game as far as i guessed.
i dont know if i am gonna go looking for the extra long Demo, but i know i wish to see this game released one day!

I only played the shorter one too!, I just came across info that a later demo covered more of the game but it wasn’t quite ‘polished’  - I don’t know!!!  Laughing

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Today being May 1st I just thought I would mention that this is the last month that Karlok & I will be presenting screenshots for AGSotD & it would be lovely if one or more members here would like to think about taking over from June 1st!

I don’t share Chrissie’s opinion. Personally, I think three years is more than enough. I’d like to see something new.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oh three years, how times passes by!!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 01 May 2015 10:44 AM

I don’t share Chrissie’s opinion. Personally, I think three years is more than enough. I’d like to see something new.

What do you mean by new Karlok? I’d really like to see the thread continuing but I do think there’s potential for ‘creativity’ with it & different ideas!  Laughing

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

chrissie - 01 May 2015 10:56 AM
Karlok - 01 May 2015 10:44 AM

What do you mean by new Karlok? I’d really like to see the thread continuing but I do think there’s potential for ‘creativity’ with it & different ideas!  Laughing

What about: Adventure Game Quiz Scene of the Day? Tongue

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DarkEye - 01 May 2015 11:05 AM

Personally I think Adventure Game Scene of the Day should continue but when I mentioned creativity I think incorporating the shots from past quizzes is a nice aspect - the only problem for me is that that they are quite often cropped pics - get the full pic in there & for me that would work but not for a year or would it?

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

chrissie - 01 May 2015 11:15 AM
DarkEye - 01 May 2015 11:05 AM

Personally I think Adventure Game Scene of the Day should continue but when I mentioned creativity I think incorporating the shots from past quizzes is a nice aspect - the only problem for me is that that they are quite often cropped pics - get the full pic in there & for me that would work but not for a year or would it?

Search for a full pics? That would be a complete waste of time, chrissie. Let’s just make another few quizzes instead. Wink

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

it would be lovely if one or more members here would like to think about taking over from June 1st!

Not me. I’m a sinner and that’s a gist of me.
Wink-wink, nudge-nudge.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I hope the daily scene threads continues in some way.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top