You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Sam & Max 2 mentioned in an interview with Timothy Cain (of Troika Games)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2004, 06:58 AM   #1
Mourning Sam & Max 2

Default Sam & Max 2 mentioned in an interview with Timothy Cain (of Troika Games)

Well... It's not like it's a huge event or anything... just thought it was nice/cool of him to mention it in the interview..

Quote:
4. Most CRPG titles released in the last months are either console games or action-RPGs like Diablo or Dungeon Siege. Do you think the time for more traditional roleplaying games like the Ultima series or your own games like Arcanum is over?

No. People were saying the same thing in 1996, before Fallout came out. “RPG’s are dead. You need to be an action game like Crusader” was all I heard then. I hear the same thing now, just with a different game to compare mine to. Game genres go in and out of style, that’s all. I’m waiting for adventure games to come back into vogue, so LucasArts will change their mind and I can play Sam and Max 2.
http://www.troikachronicles.com/modu...showpage&pid=8
Old 03-23-2004, 08:55 AM   #2
Escaped Monkey Island

Waiting for the revolution my friends.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:20 AM   #3

I'd say we're getting there...Syberia II is beating out Ninja Gaiden and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow over at Amazon.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:03 AM   #4
Mostly absent

I'm sure we're going to see a come back eventually, but it won't happen yet, that's for sure.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:25 PM   #5

RPGs are pretty awesome. Probably the second best type of games after adventure games.