You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Mialing out the petition!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 09:52 PM   #1
guybrush_guy

Default Mialing out the petition!

ok, well i've decided to mail out the petition but before i do that i want to make sure that i have the petition free from spelling and gramatical errors. im pritty sure that i've cought all the spelling mistakes. if some one could help me with anything that i have missed then please make the corrections. thank you!

Yes, what you read is 100% true but, first let me explain a little about Sam and Max.
“Sam and Max Hit the Road” was a game that was released in 1993 using the Lucas Arts SCUMM engine. You play Sam, a full-grown giant dog whose sarcasm is just as strong as his bit. Max is descried as a “rabbity thingy” and is also Sam’s confidant. As Max you follow Sam around to help with the mission to find the missing Bigfoot. Sam and Max Hit the Road is easily recognized as one of the best adventure games of all time.
Recently adventure gaming has been in a massive rut. This rut has been an ongoing hole since 1999. The hole keeps getting bigger and bigger. Last year, (5/12/03) Sam and Max 2 Freelance Police was announced. This announcement gave adventure gamers hope all over the world. Last year Full throttle was announced as well. This also gave people hope that the adventure game industry is coming back together. But, early in November “Full Throttle 2” was canceled. The world of adventure gaming was let down once again, but we still had hope. That is until this morning, Wednesday March 3rd when Lucas Arts reviled the cancellation of Sam and Max 2 Freelance Police.
The official press release said this "After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations, we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC" this above line in easier terms means “we don’t think anyone’s going to buy our game because it’s an adventure game and adventure games are dead”
The point of this petition is to let Lucas Arts know that there is need for Sam and Max 2. That people are willing to play their game. The game has had people “drooling” all over the world. The press has been going crazy for inside information on the game and with the information they received it makes them crave for more. Thousands of people have been waiting for just a glimpse of the game at this years upcoming E3. If you are an adventure gamer then please sign the petition, it is something that the adventure gamers need, it is something that any gamer would want. Even if your are not an adventure gamer, just take it into consideration. Sam and Max is a game that is for everyone, no matter what type of gamer you are. I guarantee that you will love this game from start to finish.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,

Old 03-09-2004, 09:59 PM   #2
Retirement is stupid

"as strong as his bit" should be bite

"Max is descried" should be described

"reviled" is just the wrong word entirely, I'm not sure what you meant there

And there were some ugly spelling errors on the petition questions, but I would imagine you can't fix those now.

- Evan

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 03-09-2004, 10:00 PM   #3
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
"reviled" is just the wrong word entirely, I'm not sure what you meant there
I assume he meant "revealed"

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 03-09-2004, 10:16 PM   #4
guybrush_guy

i find it strange i have decent skills when it comes to reading and i have an extensive vocabualry. i scored a 1230 on my S.A.T but i cant spell for my life

UPDATE: ok, i have a problem, i'm using MSword 2000 and everything if fine. i have it split into 3 colums on each page

when i get to # 100 it for some reason sets the name a tab away from the number.

99) joe somebody
100).......joe
somebody

i cand figure it out, anybody know?

Last edited by guybrush_guy; 03-09-2004 at 10:33 PM.

Old 03-09-2004, 11:35 PM   #5
comfortably numb

LucasArts is spelled as LucasArts: without spaces and apostrophes; with a capital L and a capital A. Furthermore, I think the official game title was Sam & Max Freelance Police, ie. & instead of and, without the sequel numbering (2).
Old 03-09-2004, 11:48 PM   #6

how many pages do you think the petition is gonna be printed out?
Old 03-10-2004, 12:22 AM   #7
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroHero
how many pages do you think the petition is gonna be printed out?
In another thread, he estimated 65.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 03-10-2004, 01:32 AM   #8
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
i find it strange i have decent skills when it comes to reading and i have an extensive vocabualry. i scored a 1230 on my S.A.T but i cant spell for my life

UPDATE: ok, i have a problem, i'm using MSword 2000 and everything if fine. i have it split into 3 colums on each page

when i get to # 100 it for some reason sets the name a tab away from the number.

99) joe somebody
100).......joe
somebody

i cand figure it out, anybody know?
The tab... point... thingy... is set too far to the left, so when it hits 100 (or 1000, or 10000), the number takes up too much space and the person's name is pushed along to the next tab point. You need to select all the text in the column and move the tab point (the 'L' shape on the ruler at the top of the display) to the right of where the numbers end.

Good luck.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:38 AM   #9
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Quote:
Even if your are not an adventure gamer, just take it into consideration. Sam and Max is a game that is for everyone, no matter what type of gamer you are.
Should be "even if you are not..."
Old 03-10-2004, 04:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
Should be "even if you are not..."
Or you're, but you are probably is better.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:08 AM   #11

Great! How many signatures do we have now (and are you combining the 2 petitions?). Not all typos but more like suggestions..

But, early in November “Full Throttle 2” was canceled - should be cancelled

The official press release said this - maybe you should say the "the following" or something

this above line in easier terms means - maybe it ought to be: the latter meaning in layman's terms or something like that.

The press has been going crazy for inside information on the game and with the information they received it makes them crave for more. - maybe you should change the last part of the sentence, I don't know, it sounds weird.

it is something that the adventure gamers need, it is something that any gamer would want. - it's not exactly clear what you mean by "it", the game or the petition, as not all gamers want the game or want to sign the petition, unfortunately. (I know what you mean but many n00bs won't )

Good luck, and don't mind my bitchin'
Old 03-10-2004, 08:14 AM   #12
Bearly Here

I would just print and send it as is.

Point being it's the number of signatures and comments that matter. And I suppose the underlying message is -

If this many gamers would sign a petition with typos - how many would have signed a perfectly worded treatise?

Really it doesn't matter how perfect the prelude to the sigs is.

Don't worry so much and just send it.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:34 AM   #13
Dismembered

I assume you've gone through the names and removed entries such as "Conroy Bumpus" and entries without surnames.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:39 AM   #14
guybrush_guy

kinda, i left out some names such as Fu**LA and stuff like that. i'm not sure what i'm going to do with the comments. i'm thinking about printing them on a seperate peice of paper. not all of them but about 200

altoget her the names should fit on, around, 60-75 pages but if i add the comments then it will probibly be around 300-400 pages

Old 03-10-2004, 08:50 AM   #15
Escaped Monkey Island

Quote:
i'm not sure what i'm going to do with the comments. i'm thinking about printing them on a seperate peice of paper. not all of them but about 200
If you're going to commit the time to doing it, why not just print them all? Paper isn't expensive and if you print on econemy, the ink won't be bad either.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMac
I would just print and send it as is.

Point being it's the number of signatures and comments that matter. And I suppose the underlying message is -

If this many gamers would sign a petition with typos - how many would have signed a perfectly worded treatise?

Really it doesn't matter how perfect the prelude to the sigs is.

Don't worry so much and just send it.
Hehe ofcourse, I just thought LEC might appreciate a nice, clean petition..
then again, what have they done for us lately? GRRRR Stupid M%@&#!F*&€E®s!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:15 AM   #17
Friendly Server Admin

You should check out kinkos.com. They'll do a bulk print job for you and even bind it, probably for less than $20. Plus you can upload a file to their site and see how much it'll be without actually having anything printed.

A nice bound stack of paper will probably make more of an impression than loose sheets.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:18 AM   #18
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

So what if a signature does have a joke name? Somebody has still signed it, whether or not they did sign it with their own name. If LEC think you're faking signatures yourself, they can just check out the online version of the petition...
Old 03-10-2004, 11:29 AM   #19
Escaped Monkey Island

Quote:
So what if a signature does have a joke name? Somebody has still signed it, whether or not they did sign it with their own name. If LEC think you're faking signatures yourself, they can just check out the online version of the petition...
But the petition didn't stop you from signing as many times as you wished. You could just put any name, make up an email, and sign it 100 times if you wanted. So with that in mind...LA may not render this petition as being valid.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:36 AM   #20
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

Quote:
Originally Posted by WontonGoodsoup
But the petition didn't stop you from signing as many times as you wished. You could just put any name, make up an email, and sign it 100 times if you wanted. So with that in mind...LA may not render this petition as being valid.
Uhm.. My sister signed from the same ip.. Does that make it fake?

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games