You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Tunguska or Nibiru?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 03:10 AM   #1

Default Tunguska or Nibiru?

How does these 2 games compare? I'm interested in point&click adventures and they caught my eye. They seem very similar.

Good story and storytelling is main thing for me, puzzle design is not so important. I'm leaning towards Tunguska, but general reviews seems to support Nibiru.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:39 AM   #2
asian freak ;<

Send a message via MSN to Marte

I haven't played Nibiru so I cant say anything about that. But I personally liked Tunguska very much (maybe because Im a big fan out of the cartoonish gfx). the puzzles aren't to hard and mostly logical thinking. The story is so-so, not very exciting for my part, but you might like it.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:55 AM   #3
Wu the Lotus Blossom

I liked both of them, but, for a great story, I'd recommend Nibiru. In any case, if you can, you should try them both sometime in the future. Enjoy!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:34 AM   #4

Both were good games I don't regret playing. Nibiru somehow seemed more efficient and surprisingly satisfying. The locations were nicely rendered artistically. It had a no-frills feel with puzzles I liked that usually made sense. The good acting of the lead character carried the game for me.

Tunguska seemed a more ambitious game with more personality interaction. The art and animations were nice and in some cases cutting edge realistic. Although the characters had “character”, some were perhaps not matched correctly with their parts and could be annoying. Some puzzles made no sense. Still, this is one of the better, more creative games and I’m looking forward to the next because the potential to be exceptional is evident once problems are resolved

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 11-02-2007, 05:41 AM   #5
Backsliding Pagan

I haven't played Nibiru, but I really enjoyed Tunguska, for a variety of reasons--not the least of which was the dialogue, which actually made me laugh out loud. Mind you, I don't think the game developers meant for the dialogue to be funny, but I found it hilarious, especially as it was voiced. Several of the voices were unintentionally humorous, as well, and while this might have put some people off, (and taken them out of the moment, which isn't an issue for me, but is for some), I found it amusing. (On the other hand, I tend to tolerate a lot in games; I even finished Keepsake, which had annoying voices, an annoying story arc, and fairly dull gameplay.) The Tunguska gameplay is classic third-person point'n'click, and I thought the plot was interesting enough. There are some bizarre choices, in terms of logic and basic human decency--if that actually exists--but if you don't take games too seriously and just want to have fun, I think Tunguska fits the bill.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to Max Gruber

I haven' t played Nibiru, but Tunguska was good. When I play a video gmae I' m interested in both the story and the puzzles. I want the puzzles to be really hard and the story complicated. Tunguska did not have such difficult puzzles, and the story was not that exciting, but in general terms, I believe that it was a very good, and worth playing game!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #7

Go for Tunguska.
I've played both and I think Nibiru can be boring. But it isn't bad game, worth to play both.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #8
The Major Grubert.

They're both worth playing, really.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:45 PM   #9
3rd person fanatic :)

I'd Say that Nibiru might be better - not so much anyway, but... My rating to Nibiru was 4½ stars and to tunguska it was 4 stars. Atmoshpere is somewhat better in nibiru in my opinion