You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Toonstruck 2 - The way it could be

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #101

Here's an unpak program that I had worked on, thought I'd share it with you. There's another on on the internet but it doesn't seem to work properly, so I made this one.

Toonstruck Unpaker
http://rapidshare.com/files/220887570/Unpak.zip
Old 05-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #102

Sorry for the long wait on the petition I have been one hell of a busy guy. here's to hopes of a ToonStruck 2
http://www.petitiononline.com/l5ry8b53/petition.html

Old 06-20-2009, 05:56 AM   #103

hello,

Toonstuck is also my favorite adventure game.
if you want to make it run perfectly on XP (with DosBox, sound is really not perfect...), you can follow the procedure described at the following URL:

http://home.earthlink.net/~infernofi...ruck_Setup.htm

that did worked very well for me.

I don't know much about Toonstruck 2 - even though I would ador that one game studio work on it -, but what I know is that I'm currently re-programming the original Toonstruck for NDS device ! note that this is a private initiative, not a commercial one, so it can take forever before something comes out !
However, i'm quite happy about the current result (I can post later to get feedback)

however, what is currently very time consuming is to get sprites out of the original game. that's why i would be very kean to know whether some of you succeeded to access to the content of the .CAF files ?
except if I'm mistaking, the tool mentionned above (Toonstruck Unpaker) seems to just "unzip" the .pak file, but doesn't allow me to get any sprite out of .caf file. Am I mistaking (I would be so happy...) ?
Anybody got a tips or program to do so ?

Last edited by klopiklopi; 06-20-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by klopiklopi View Post
I'm currently re-programming the original Toonstruck for NDS device !
Sounds great! But why a seperate approach for NDS? ScummVM would seem like a natural choice to me. Also, while you're developing I'd really recommend to put your source on google code or sourceforge instead of keeping it all under wraps. I'm sure your project would benefit greatly from that - just like the asylumEngine for Sanitarium which really seems to kick off now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klopiklopi View Post
that's why i would be very kean to know whether some of you succeeded to access to the content of the .CAF files ?
except if I'm mistaking, the tool mentionned above (Toonstruck Unpaker) seems to just "unzip" the .pak file, but doesn't allow me to get any sprite out of .caf file. Am I mistaking (I would be so happy...) ?
Anybody got a tips or program to do so ?
The Unpak program is just for the *.pak files. There's another program out there which can be used to access the *.mus, *.svl and *.sel files but I haven't heard of one for the *.caf files.

Best guy to ask is probably john_doe (you can find him at lucasforums.com or forums.scummvm.org). As far as I know he has done quite some work in regards to Toonstruck in the past. I don't know if he's still working on that but he might be able to help you here.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:55 AM   #105

Default Project

Hey i just found this thread and want everybody to help me.
I try to get some people together to finish the story... to create toonstruck 2. If you are still interested in Toonstruck and want to help me with the project or just want to talk about toonstruck, PLEASE Join my forum!

www.toonstruck2.games4um.de
Old 09-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #106
gos

yeah there is a project, the project leader needs help so why dont we help him to get toonstruck again?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:02 AM   #107

Default Toonstrk

Hi guys!

Read the whole thread and I'm glad to see there are people still fighting for Toonstruck 2!

Apparently some guy got a cd from Laura Janczewska with material from Toonstruck 2. (The user Hannuka)

http://translate.google.com/translat...80&sl=de&tl=en

Anyone here that is german and can sign up to that forum and try to contact him? Would be great to get a hold on that material!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #108
J.H
Frak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos View Post
Warcraft adventures... And Full Throttle 2 (which had the potential to be good, kinda). And a Ron Gilbert Monkey Island game.
This would've been epic, it's a shame they never released it. Now would be a good time tbh but I guess they care more about Cataclysm and pots filled with gold...
Old 06-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #109
ABANDONED ACCOUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopher View Post
I don't know if it was mentioned, because I can't bother to read 3 pages. But you were talking about adventure games that "should have been made", such as Indy 5, Warcraft adventures, toonstruck 2. Well aren't you forgetting Sam and max 2? (RIP )
I haven't been logged on *even once* since 2004. SEVEN YEARS! How funny it was to log on to look through my old posts and see THIS! I mean we actually have Sam and Max 2 now, and it's great! They also gave us awesome new Monkey Island games! Long live Telltale! :-D

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax

This doesn't mean that I'm back though. No, I'm just going through old sites and unregistering (if possible) or abandoning accounts, so this is my farewell post as well... even though I was never an active member in the first place (which is precisely why I am finally abandoning the account for real).

Goodbye AdventureGamers. :-D I wonder if I have the record for the longest period between logins (7 years)?

Oh and, [insert "it's not you, it's me" speech here].
My decision to leave has nothing to do with this superb community. ;-)

Last edited by xtopher; 06-13-2011 at 11:44 AM.