You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Toonstruck 2 - The way it could be

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 03:05 AM   #81

Toonstruck is my fav game of all time! I've been waiting 13years for a sequel! Hows the petition going? And the e-mails?? Come on guys! Lets get this game released!
Old 04-09-2009, 03:09 AM   #82

jannar85 and guybrush_guy, hows it going?
The petition can be made here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/create_petition.html
Old 04-09-2009, 03:29 AM   #83

Well, who owns still the rights for the game?
The company who made it, doesn't exist anymore and the company who overtook it, doesn't exist anymore, too.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:17 AM   #84

Is that so?
Then maybe we should contact all of those people jannar85 mentioned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannar85 View Post
Alright.. Listen up.. I've done some researching on Burst! Entertainment (the developing company)

Anyway, the company turned out to be out of business. So I went to mobygames, so get their names.

I found the lead designer, Richard Hare's site.
http://www.richard.hare.dsl.pipex.com/flare.html
and e-mail: Edit: address removed following spam complaints. (Besides, this wasn't the Richard Hare you're looking for.) All other email addresses in this thread will be altered to prevent spiders from indexing them - Marek

Last game he worked on were Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, last year.

Then, the next thing would be finding the art director, William D. Skirvin
So I did.

He haven't worked on a single project since Toonstruck.

bilskirvin -at- bilskirvin - dotcom
http://www.bilskirvin.com/

What about the character designer, I hear you say (I think..)
Well.. Found him as well. John Piampiano.

Toonstruck seems to be the only project he ever had, so it might be interesting to do Toonstruck for him again

jpiampiano -at- hotmail - dotcom
http://www.johnpiampiano.net/

Should anyone contact them, or something?
Or first start a petition to show how big interest it actually is.
(...and most of us said we would pay $50 for a follow-up, this might be a good idea for everyone in Burst!)

Let's revive Toonstruck!
(and maybe even xp compatibility for Toonstruck!)

But petition or contact first?

P.S - The voice actors from the game are always available, since it's what they do.

** edit **
Oh, and as mentioned earlier. The Video Compositor, Laura Janczewski.
lauraj -at- lauraj - dotnet
http://www.lauraj.net/
Are jannar85 and guybrush_guy still active members of the forum? I've been reading through the forum and they deserve a lot of credit for their hard work! And I really need their help to make this work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy View Post
i realy think we should start a patation for a release of somthing or other, even if they release only part of the game and it is'nt even put together it would fine with me, but would vergin have parts of the game even after 8 years. i would think they would because they would need documentation of there expences and such. i've seen a website on the forums ware you can start a patition. does anyone remember what that website is?
yes, the link is here for anyone who wants to help me start this petition, although, I am "only" 15 years of age. This game has some real sentimental meaning to me since its kinda been passed down through my siblings to me. I believe I first played it in 2000 when I was 6 years old! I finished it together with my sister then (I started reading and playing video games when i was very very young and I learnt them through the old trial-and-error method) and I recently played it using the Dosbox emulater. Anyways, the link:http://www.petitiononline.com/create_petition.html

Its probably a good idea that someone with more experience makes this petition and contacts the designers etc... I would be happy to do it myself with a little bit of guidance, but I wouldn't want to "mess it up" and ruin the chance of a sequel.

I'll conclude this post by quoting jannar85: "Let's revive Toonstruck!"
Old 04-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #85

I tried to contact the owner of Virgin pr press redaction of virgin (interactive) and got no answer
Old 04-09-2009, 09:15 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediritter View Post
I tried to contact the owner of Virgin pr press redaction of virgin (interactive) and got no answer
Great! Thank you for your help Lets keep on trying and hopefully we'll get what we're looking for!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #87

I guess the biggest problem is who owns the rights? and where is the data of the game if it still exist?
The company doesn't exist anymore, they were also in germany but got bankrupt.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #88

The data should have been stored for documentation of their expences. Even the animators and the designers probably have their share of files/data etc in their portfolios. For example:
http://www.lauraj.net/portfolio/Game...Toonstruck.htm

As for the rights, that is a problem. But I guess we'll have to find that out by contacting them. Is anyone interested in contacting them?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #89

I wouldn't want to see a sequel unless Christopher Loyd, Dan Castellaneta, and Tim Curry returned.

Actually, I think better than a sequel would be to have them rerelease Toonstruck and make it more compatible with modern operating systems. It seems to be the hardest game to get work. Won't work on XP or Vista no matter how hard I try, even trying to use emulators.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #90

I got it to work with ease using dosbox and mounting c etc. And its not like they are going to have to make a completely new game. The game is practically done, it probably needs some adjustments here and there, and the three you mentioned are all still around today! Chris might like the idea since he's 70 years old now and all he has to do is record his voice. No makeup no lines to remember. All they need to do is release it and make a lot of money from people like us!

GO TOONSTRUCK 2!!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwapitm View Post
I wouldn't want to see a sequel unless Christopher Loyd, Dan Castellaneta, and Tim Curry returned.

Actually, I think better than a sequel would be to have them rerelease Toonstruck and make it more compatible with modern operating systems. It seems to be the hardest game to get work. Won't work on XP or Vista no matter how hard I try, even trying to use emulators.
Make sure you have the latest DOSBox software installed on your system!

Get the latest DOSBox @ http://www.dosbox.com
Get the latest PowerISO @ http://www.poweriso.com

INSTRUCTIONS!

1.Mount "ToonStruck 1.iso" with PowerISO or equivalent.
2.Run DOSBox
3.Mount your hard drive and the game disc by typing:

mount C C: \
 (substitute C with your hard drive letter)

mount E E: \
 (substitute E with your virtual drive letter)

4. Go to your virtual drive's root directory by typing:

E: \
 (substitute E with your virtual drive letter)

5. Run the game's installation by typing: install
6. Install ToonStruck to the mounted hard disk drive and enter the following settings in sound configuration:

Soundblaster | 220 | 5 | 1

7. Configuring video is as straightforward as it gets, everything should be working fine. Exit the installation.
8. Run the game by typing: toonstrk
9. Enjoy! (Remember, ALT+ENTER toggles fullscreen mode!)

Wanna play again? Mount both drives as you did in step 3, navigate to the game's directory and run the game!

Last edited by ToonStruckII; 04-10-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #92

If this sequel happens I dont want to see ANY of the animated characters in 3D.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:40 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalGagBonkers View Post
If this sequel happens I dont want to see ANY of the animated characters in 3D.
I agree. So petition anyone?
http://www.petitiononline.com/create_petition.html
Old 04-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonStruckII View Post
I'll make the petition...I just need a little catch up on these things...Okay did we find out where the guys who made this game? and who should we target this petition for?
Old 04-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #95

Jannar85 did a good job finding them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannar85 View Post
Alright.. Listen up.. I've done some researching on Burst! Entertainment (the developing company)

Anyway, the company turned out to be out of business. So I went to mobygames, so get their names.

I found the lead designer, Richard Hare's site.
http://www.richard.hare.dsl.pipex.com/flare.html
and e-mail: Edit: address removed following spam complaints. (Besides, this wasn't the Richard Hare you're looking for.) All other email addresses in this thread will be altered to prevent spiders from indexing them - Marek

Last game he worked on were Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, last year.

Then, the next thing would be finding the art director, William D. Skirvin
So I did.

He haven't worked on a single project since Toonstruck.

bilskirvin -at- bilskirvin - dotcom
http://www.bilskirvin.com/

What about the character designer, I hear you say (I think..)
Well.. Found him as well. John Piampiano.

Toonstruck seems to be the only project he ever had, so it might be interesting to do Toonstruck for him again

jpiampiano -at- hotmail - dotcom
http://www.johnpiampiano.net/

Should anyone contact them, or something?
Or first start a petition to show how big interest it actually is.
(...and most of us said we would pay $50 for a follow-up, this might be a good idea for everyone in Burst!)

Let's revive Toonstruck!
(and maybe even xp compatibility for Toonstruck!)

But petition or contact first?

P.S - The voice actors from the game are always available, since it's what they do.

** edit **
Oh, and as mentioned earlier. The Video Compositor, Laura Janczewski.
lauraj -at- lauraj - dotnet
http://www.lauraj.net/
I guess we should aim the petition on the people who want the sequel released and are willing to pay for it? We could post a link to this petition on this forum, forums similar to this one (gaming, dos gaming, adventure etc..) and the facebook group called "toonstruck" (it has 70-80 members as far as I can remember). Our familys could sign it, not to mention all of our friends! This will be great! Once again, thanks for all your support!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #96

Toonstruck is the wittiest, funniest, and best adventure game of all time in my mind.

The reason why Toonstruck 2 never was released was because Toonstruck 1 sold horribly. I remember reading about it in PCGamer UK back in the 90s. It deserved better sales figures of course, but for some reason it sold poorly.

I'm all for a sequel!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigawire View Post
Toonstruck is the wittiest, funniest, and best adventure game of all time in my mind.

The reason why Toonstruck 2 never was released was because Toonstruck 1 sold horribly. I remember reading about it in PCGamer UK back in the 90s. It deserved better sales figures of course, but for some reason it sold poorly.

I'm all for a sequel!
Lousy marketing =(

OriginalGagBonkers how's it going with the petition? Need any help?
Hopefully we'll get Jannar85 back in the team. I have contacted him.

Last edited by ToonStruckII; 04-12-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #98
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

Wow. This thread still active? Who would imagine that.. So yeah, I'm back again....for toonstruck2. Hurray!

Also, I think AdventureGamers online store, could have sold an updated version of Toonstruck, for XP, Vista and the upcoming Windows 7. Or sell it along with ScummVM (if they ever get the source files from it.), then it could be playable on other platforms as well.

Also, I think Bill Tiller's publisher Crimson Cow, could be interested in funding the rest of the game, as it's almost complete (also, the sprites are undoubtly easy to obtain from the original game)

To quote Richard Hare
Quote:
There is no chance whatsoever! No publisher would want to make a sequel for a game that was not commercially successful; particularly an adventure game!
But now there's a new time for adventure games, so hopefully there's at least Crimson that's willing to put a little money into this. Most of the stuff is done, as he said somewhere in the interview.

But as I'm developing my own adventure game atm, I think it's better to let someone else handle the petition.

But count me and my younger sister in.

Sorry about the trouble getting in touch with me again

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 04-13-2009, 03:00 AM   #99
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

I just wanted to point out, that most of those homepages and e-mail addresses (from their homepages server) are gone.

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 04-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #100

Hi guys, it's great that Toonstruck 2 is getting another shot at being made!

I was also wondering, how can you view the sprites and how do you open the *.caf files?