• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 3 October 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Jack Keane discovers radioactivity!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

This was a pleasant surprise for me. It does take a while to get going and warm to the characters so be patient.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

J.K was a great game the only thing the bothered me that as the game moved on and on it was getting boring as if the devs got bored them self while making the game, but honestly the game was fairly long and was really something good on its own.

waiting for Part 2.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I liked Jack Keane. The humour was a bit hit-and-miss, but it was an enjoyable game nonetheless. Plus it had both a ridiculous “evil masterplan” AND monkeys… Tongue

Not the best game ever, but certainly good enough to warrant a sequel (and one that I look forward to).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have it but haven’t played it yet.  It looks like it has some silly moments that I’ll enjoy.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I tried to start this last weekend but it doesn’t want to work for me. I’m fighting with Virtual PC at the moment in the hope I can load it in there…

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

skeeter_93 - 04 October 2012 06:17 AM

I tried to start this last weekend but it doesn’t want to work for me. I’m fighting with Virtual PC at the moment in the hope I can load it in there…

That’s odd, I got it working perfectly on Vista 64bit, so Windows 7 shouldn’t be a problem either…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Jack Keane was a big dissappointment for me. Not only did the game constantly bug out with my character walking through walls and out of the screen, but the “feel” in the game just wasn’t what I was expecting. I was hoping for perhaps Monkey Island-lite, but got nothing even close to that.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

I haven’t played it yet, but I’ve heard it’s a lot of fun. And green light instead of yellow one around the treasure vault, really? Grin I wonder if it’s treasure in it anyway. Gasp

Island adventure games have always been one of my favourites (along with mystery games) but this one will have to wait until I finish the Monkey Island series. Laughing

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SweetDalilah - 06 October 2012 08:56 PM

I haven’t played it yet, but I’ve heard it’s a lot of fun. And green light instead of yellow one around the treasure vault, really? Grin I wonder if it’s treasure in it anyway. Gasp

Island adventure games have always been one of my favourites (along with mystery games) but this one will have to wait until I finish the Monkey Island series. Laughing

As I recall, the green light makes sense. Considering the (humourously ridiculous) evil masterplan by the villain in this game, it’s treasure, but not the kind of treasure YOU’d think… Tongue

Unless my memory’s off, of course, it’s been a few years since I played Jack Keane…

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

TimovieMan - 07 October 2012 06:57 AM

As I recall, the green light makes sense. Considering the (humourously ridiculous) evil masterplan by the villain in this game, it’s treasure, but not the kind of treasure YOU’d think… Tongue

Unless my memory’s off, of course, it’s been a few years since I played Jack Keane…

Thanks TimovieMan, you managed to clear “the Case” without spoiling the game. Thumbs Up Grin

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top