• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day—Wednesday 25 January 2017

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Only Spoliers

Wednesday Random Puzzles Scene

Sanatarium - The Lost Village - TezacotlHut

This is one of the nice puzzles you encounter thru the ending chapters of the adventure, another one of those old school puzzles which are only about observing the surrounding; the solution lies at the background/screen itself:-

This puzzle was about arranging the (rolling) stones etchings/symbols (Steer, Fish, Star ... etc) inside the hut so they are corresponding to the bolded ones on the sides of the stairway.

As easy as it sounds it does trick many players, at least i was stumped upon it twice; my 1st playthrough and again at my replay.  Content

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m looking at all those tiny symbols. So you’re supposed to notice the ones that are black (most of which are partly obscured by the angle of the stairway) and then guess what order they are in?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I remember liking this puzzle but I can’t remember how difficult I found it at the time..

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Becky - 25 January 2017 07:30 AM

I’m looking at all those tiny symbols. So you’re supposed to notice the ones that are black (most of which are partly obscured by the angle of the stairway) and then guess what order they are in?

They’re also on the left-hand side of the stairs, where they’re clearly visible. And the order corresponds to the order in which they appear near the stairs (top to bottom, or maybe bottom to top)

(And I’m realizing that I’ve forgotten a lot about Sanitarium, especially all the stuff after the first few chapters. I’ll have to replay it someday.)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 25 January 2017 08:35 AM
Becky - 25 January 2017 07:30 AM

They’re also on the left-hand side of the stairs, where they’re clearly visible. And the order corresponds to the order in which they appear near the stairs (top to bottom, or maybe bottom to top)

(And I’m realizing that I’ve forgotten a lot about Sanitarium, especially all the stuff after the first few chapters. I’ll have to replay it someday.)

good observation Becky, but as Kuru explained.

wanted to add those two points:-

1- the issue of their order makes it more difficult even when you happen to think of it as the puzzle’s solution, because here it is right - left corresponding to top - down; and i remember thinking the mind would/oughta work otherwise, or at least did mine.
2-  the too many other etchings filling the stairway’s level but with less boldness.

they were sorta legit difficulties added to make the player stumbling even more when she/he thinks the solution has been found, that could make him neglect it and start to look for a different solution.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 25 January 2017 08:35 AM

if you do, try the touch/tab version, the movement is much more efficient/better with the touch than the mouse.
i played it on an android don’t know if its available for iOS

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Advie - 26 January 2017 11:01 AM

i played it on an android don’t know if its available for iOS

I don’t know how you guys and girls do it. I don’t think I could play a game anymore if I didn’t have a 28” Samsung monitor staring me in the face. I think if I was forced to play games on a tablet or a phone I would simply have to give up playing games.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

rtrooney - 26 January 2017 06:51 PM

I think if I was forced to play games on a tablet or a phone I would simply have to give up playing games.

i think you are right considering classic old school games when have to scroll between verbs /actions like playing most of the ScummVM games on tablets, ITS TERRIBLE, i believe you ..
but also this is why you would find a very small number of adventure games available for tablets, bc of the controls compatibility difficulties, and here is why i recommended Sanatarium; its actually even better than how it was controlled orginally on PC/with-a-Mouse!

you have two styles of controls over it (on a tablet)
1. Moving your finger all over the tablet to move the protagonist (yea, sometimes your finger covers up some other details around the protagonist but after few mins you will get a hold of the best movement for you finger over the screen to avoid… Aah’ what I just had described’).

2.holding you finger just a bit longer over hotspots to apply actions.

and uh.. the most important thing it has with hotspot revealer whichs something the original PC version did not (something i figured out when i was almost near the end ..ARGHH) by holding two fingers anywhere on the tablet’s screen.

anyways the point; is this game everyone who had played it on PC had complained very much about its controls, but on android, the game was fantastic, at least comparing to the old and original experience.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top