• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day—Wednesday 4 January 2017

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Only Spoliers

Folllowing Izno’s Last yeat theme.. we presents the.. Tongue
Wednesday Random Puzzles Scene

STASIS - BotanyLab - Queen’s Insect

This sneaky & tricky puzzle is very old school!;  one enters the chamber and eventually click on the insect (queen) which reveals just another death scene, and eventually would make him totally ignore it..  but the puzzle solution yet to hit by surprise when he makes that courageous move (again) to reveal what can be obtained out that killer insect.. when notices its different moods.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Just how dark and scary is this game, really? I’ve seen comparisons to Sanitarium - it is as scary?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its as scary as an Alien movie could be, but depending on the gamer involvement with reading all logs you encounter thru the game.. it gets really disturbing

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Thanks Advie. I’m staying away from this one.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 06 January 2017 09:46 PM

its as scary as an Alien movie could be, but depending on the gamer involvement with reading all logs you encounter thru the game.. it gets really disturbing

Yeah, it’s really more disturbing than outright scary.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think I was stuck in this one. It’s a timed puzzle and the visuals hints are kind of small. I think there was a hint on one of the journals but I mostly got it by chance.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 07 January 2017 05:44 AM

I think I was stuck in this one. It’s a timed puzzle and the visuals hints are kind of small. I think there was a hint on one of the journals but I mostly got it by chance.

Yeah, even when I had a pretty clear idea of what I was supposed to do, this puzzle still took me a few attempts to get right.

Oscar - 06 January 2017 01:25 AM

Just how dark and scary is this game, really? I’ve seen comparisons to Sanitarium - it is as scary?

I haven’t played Sanitarium so can’t compare, but Stasis is dark and disturbing mostly because of the atmosphere. There are a select number of jump-scares but they’re not overdone at all and are very effective (a bit similar to the Cat Lady, imo). There are quite a lot of death sequences, but most (if not all) are in obviously dangerous situations.
The scary/disturbing bits mostly have to do with the setting (derelict spaceship that was used for immoral biological experiments) and the always-present (but never explicitly detailed) gore and body horror *everywhere*. It’s like walking around on the Event Horizon - you’re never in any “surprise” danger like you’d be in Amnesia for instance (which is a game I wouldn’t be able to handle), but the *implied* danger makes running around the ship pretty disturbing.
It also contains some intense sequences that are mostly disturbing because of the boldness of the presentation (Chris Pyke is not afraid to include elements that most Hollywood movies shun).

I had no problem playing and finishing the game. It made me uneasy often, sure, but it never reduced me to a whimpering mess which is something that would definitely happen after five minutes of Amnesia, after five minutes of Emily Wants to Play, and what did happen after five minutes of Doom³ back in the day.
Stasis is the kind of scary that I can handle - mostly atmospheric.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top