• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 24 December 2016

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Gadget: Past as Future

I recently viewed a playthrough of this game while looking for screenshots for Chrissie’s Picture Show quiz.  It’s a rather eerie and surreal first person slide-show style adventure.  A comet is supposedly heading for Earth, but some of the people you talk to deny it completely and some (the scientists) are making secret plans to leave the planet completely.  In the beginning, you travel back and forth to various destinations by train, talking to everyone aboard and at each stop to try to find the head scientist named Horselover.  When you do, you are given instructions to find certain items and complete certain tasks, but much of the action, such as flying an airplane, operating strange machinery, and driving a monorail, is done automatically through cut scenes.  The characters in the game are all a bit bizzare in appearance, and all conversations are written dialogue.  The game is very light on puzzle solving, but the ending has some interesting twists that left me guessing about events.  Since I own the game, I will play it through at my own pace to see if there is anything I missed by just watching.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for the interesting description Lady Kestrel! I’ve of course used screenshots from it for a couple of quizzes but didn’t have a clue as to what the game was about!  Smile

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I forgot to mention that there is a narrator’s voice which you hear a few times in the game, and the music often has a dissonant, machine-like quality.  The places you visit are usually quite sterile looking with very few people, and the train conductor is eerily the same no matter what train you’re boarding.  This, along with some sinister government characters, gives the game a bit of a creepy aura.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top