• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 19 November 2016

Total Posts: 5592

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Spycraft: The Great Game

I’ve been playing and enjoying Spycraft since the community playthrough started and had hoped to complete it before posting here.  However, since my built-in CD/DVD player has given up the ghost, I may not be finishing it anytime soon, so my impressions are based on what I’ve done so far. 

As Agent Thorn of the CIA, you are trying to thwart another assassination plot.  You have a plethora of diagnostic tools on your computer that allow you to do such things as identify faces and voices, determine bullet trajectories and weapons used, analyze or alter photos, and decode messages.  You also get lots of information via video and email messages on your PDA from your bosses and fellow agents.  The cut scenes in the game have those gray horizontal lines going through them, but they are clear when you are exploring an office, a hallway, or an alleyway in Moscow, like the one above.  Since I had a few long gaps between a couple of my gaming sessions, I was glad I could go into my PDA archives to review clues, messages, and videos.  Keeping notes has also helped me put things together.  I just hope I’ll be able to finish the game before too much time passes.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I liked it, but was lost much of the time with the complex plot and found the interface just a little bit dated.

Lady Kestrel - 20 November 2016 02:26 AM

However, since my built-in CD/DVD player has given up the ghost, I may not be finishing it anytime soon, so my impressions are based on what I’ve done so far.

Just a suggestion, if you have access to another PC (public library?) you can try converting the CD to an image file, put it on a USB drive and mount it on a free virtual CD program on your own PC.

Total Posts: 5592

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve been running the game in a DOS program (Boxer) on my older iMac (10.6), Oscar.  If I can’t find a compatible USB player, I may download Boxer again on my newest iMac (10.10) and transfer the saved games there.  It’s all a pain in the backside, but I am determined to finish the game one way or another.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top