• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophyceanchrissiediego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 12 November 2016

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Crystal Key

This was one of several games I bought from Dreamcatcher over 16 years ago.  It’s a linear slideshow science fiction story.  The Arkonians ask you to help them defeat the evil meglomanic Ozgar, who is conquering worlds right and left.  To do so, you must travel to different planets to find pieces of a crystal key while solving a nice selection of puzzles along the way and trying to avoid capture by the enemy.  It has a bunch of different endings, depending on what you do in the final confrontation in the game.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I played this when it came out and remember liking it.

Great quote. Feeling a lot like that myself these days.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Aside from a lack of clues sometimes and a few navigation issues, I liked playing this one.  It took me a while to get the best ending. 

The quote reflects the state of my life right now.  I’ve been trying to get my space organized after some renovations, but every time I think I’ve got things tucked away, something else pops up.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think this game out very close to the same time Timelapse did. Both had similar sci-fi themes. And both were released by The Adventure Company if memory serves. I know I liked both of them very much. Although, I think Timelapse had an arrow-shooting puzzle in the Anasazi section that just drove me nuts.

Edit: Your post says that Chrystal Key was brought out by Dreamcatcher. I think Dreamcatcher became part of TAG before the latter went out of business.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Lady K, my sympathies.  Renovations and I don’t get along.  There’s always something that goes wrong or ends up not working out.  Not to mention the stealth sawdust that seems to work it’s way into everything.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 13 November 2016 05:32 PM

I’ve been trying to get my space organized after some renovations

I’ve been through two major renovations. Both to the kitchen. Two minor remodels, to the two bathrooms. And anytime you replace carpet that requires moving of heavy furniture. Been there. Never goes as planned. You have my sympathetic ear anytime you want to call and ask WTF am I supposed to do now.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top