• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDalefurgottenIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 11 November 2016

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Infocom’s Bureaucracy is the most annoying game you’re likely to ever play. And Douglas Adams wouldn’t have had it any other way. It’s a Kafka-esque comedy starting out with the most banal plot ever, based on something that happened to Adams himself. You’re excited to have recently moved into a new house with a new job, and you’ve just filled out a change of address form at the bank. While waiting on an important bank letter in the mail containing money, you discover it’s been sent to the wrong address. Okay. No problem - just stay calm, pay another visit to the bank and all will be resolved, right?  Well, not quite…

The situations the game throws at you are ones everyone’s experienced and as frustrating as they are (the game is HARD), it’s fun to play them out in Adams’ zany world of red tape and truly annoying people. One unique thing about the game is the “blood pressure meter” - when something stressful happens your blood pressure goes up, and you’ll need to keep it down or you’ll die! If you like Douglas Adams, forget about the Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy game - this is his masterpiece.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

As a Douglas Adams fan I expected to like this game a lot more, but you’re right.  It was too hard and I only played it about an hour before deciding I had better things to do.  I remember playing ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ for the third time right after.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top