• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 29 October 2016

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nightfall

Nightfall is a Mac-only game developed in 1998 by Altor Systems.  It was the first 3D game I ever played, and I remember being fascinated that I could go anywhere in the environment.  I was also amazed that as I walked, ran, jumped, swam or climbed through the complex of corridors, lifts, ledges and waterways, my map would grow accordingly.  This second screenshot shows the entire first level just as I was about to leave it.

The game has an Egyptian theme based on the 12 hours of the night that correspond to the 12 levels in the pyramid through which you must travel.  Each level has a major puzzle to solve along with a secret area that isn’t necessary to advance the story but that adds rewards if you can find them.  The exploration is a lonely one, except for some animated statues that appear sometimes to try to push you away from certain areas.  The story has a nice time-travel twist at the end, which I liked.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Mmmm, an Egyptian theme and a time travel twist.  My favorite types of games.  Too bad this was only for the Mac.  I think I would have liked it.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I believe this was the only game Altor made despite the fact that they created their own game engine for it.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top