• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 10 October

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Patchwork

Another good looking game this week in the shape of Patchwork.

On earth a scientist named Daniel has just completed work on the first teleport machine. Animals have already successfully been teleported and now it’s time for a human guinea pig so Daniel decides he will be the first man to teleport.

Meanwhile, in a parallel universe, a young magic student called Lin is about to have her first try at summoning a demon in preparation for her upcoming magic exams.

What could go wrong?!

In this lovely little game you play as both Daniel and Lin in a clash of worlds where technology and magic need to combine without conveniently placed electrical sockets and fuel!

Backgrounds are nicely hand painted, character art is good and speech portraits in particular are very strong. There is a decent atmospheric soundtrack and good sound effects.

Puzzles are good and all in all this is a lovely way to spend an hour.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I really wished this one was longer; had a lot of fun with it.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sounds like a winning combination!

Character art and speech portraits somehow remind me of Jack Orlando (which was a poor game but had wonderful artwork, animations, voice acting and music).

Is this a one-man project? And if so, did he make anything else?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

It is a one man project by an artist called Ilyich and I think this the only game he has designed and made entirely himself…?

However, he has worked on other games including Quest for Infamy, Shardlight, Technobabylon and The Charnel House Trilogy as well as some freeware stuff. Mostly character portraits/art I think but some backgrounds too.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

It was part of the Summerbatch sale http://www.summerbatch.co.uk together with PISS (also excellent) and Nancy the Happy Whore (the non deluxe version)

The games were all very good and that sale was a lot of fun. Pity there hasn’t been a new summerbatch since then.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top