• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 7 October

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

One of my favorite casual games is Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies. It was, I believe, the third game in the Myths of the World series. In my opinion the series started to go a bit downhill after that game.

Not “fall of the cliff” dowhill. Just a small diminishment of across-the-board quality. Graphics, animation, voice acting, appropriateness of music and sound, difficulty of puzzles, etc, are all still fairly good. Just not quite as good.

All the stories are based on various myths. In Of Fiends and Fairies, the myth was the existance of fairies and leprechauns in Irish folklore. The above screenshot is from Myths of the World - Island of Forgotten Evil, and is loosely based on the myth of Pandora’s Box. The essential story is that two Roman centurions find the box, which is in two parts…the box itself and the key that opens it. Each centurion takes one part vowing to keep them apart lest the evil the box contains be released.

Things do not go as planned. You, the protagonist have come into posession of one of your late uncle’s artifacts. The artifact is supposed to be able to lock the released evil back in the box. You get a partial glimpse of the artifact in the above screenshot. In addition to its primary capability, the artifact can uncover hidden areas, (which is what it is doing in the screenshot,) and also act in a defensive manner to ward off attacks. It must be recharged after each use.

And that is pretty much it. You do your job and the world is made safe. It’s not a great game. But it does give a solid six-plus hours of entertainment. The developer is EIPIX, which has had somewhat a roller coaster ride when it comes to game quality.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

That was a while back but I seem to remember the voice acting was superb. Other than that i thought it was a good game but not a great game. I should probably replay it.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The voices are what I chiefly remember as being special about the game as well.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I you’re talking about the Of Fiends and Fairies voice acting, I totally agree. Top ten voice acting in a game, casual or regular adventure.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m currently playing Island of Forgotten Evil and am enjoying it so far.  I also played Of Fiends and Fairies, but I don’t remember much about it.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Yeah, of Fiends and Fairies is the best from Myths of the World. Although all in the series are good, I think that FF is the best one. Need to replay it one day.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Really wish that AG had a Facebook-style “Like” button. I would certainly use it on UruBoo’s comment.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top