• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 3 October

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

The Journey of Iesir

If there was a “hype-o-meter” for AGS games just like there is on the main site here then one game that would have been buzzing in and out of the top ten for years would have been this one. It’s not difficult to see why from the screenshot alone and it’s one of those that crops up every now and then in screenshot quizzes leaving experienced quizzers beating themselves about the head and wondering how they can possibly not know this game!

It’s a slight change of pace for AGS Freeware Monday as the game was slated to be commercial although a free demo has just been released. However, alongside the excitement of finally being able to play some of this game that has been hovering tantalisingly just out of reach for such a long time comes some sad, sad news.

Unfortunately this is all we are ever going to see of the game. What we do have was created as a pitch demo for funding to go commercial, but unfortunately funding has not been forthcoming and the team of pros and amateurs alike who have been slogging away at this in their free time for 6 years or so have finally decided to call it a day and shut the project down largely because, well you know, families need food and shelter and that sort of thing. Frown Frown Frown

I don’t tend to post links to games straight off but this is something of a special case to me as firstly I am honestly really sad that we’re never going to see this and secondly I think a lot of the objections people have to AGS/Freeware games are graphics based and I really can’t see anything to complain about here for anyone, with some gorgeous backgrounds and also some character art that Disney would be jealous of.

Get it here.

Actually, you know what, I’m just going to go ahead and post some more screenshots anyway. Maybe someone reading this has recently won the Euromillions lottery or something!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

AH!

So I’ve just seen Mr Underhill’s thread! Foot in mouth

Never mind me then! Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top