• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday, 30 September

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

1893: A World’s Fair Mystery is a noteworthy title for its historical accuracy and attention to detail. While most graphic adventures take liberties with geographical depictions of real places, the locations in 1893 are true to life and based on reality. Of course, the Chicago Exhibition of 1893 is something we can only read about today but it must have been magnificent to attend, and this game is the closest thing to attending the fair itself - just reading about the enormous scale of this celebration of the 400th anniversary of Columbus landing in America is astonishing and taking in the sights, sounds and smells is quite an experience.

Being a game, there is of course a fictional element and that is the story - you are there to investigate the theft of eight diamonds that were on exhibit. The thief has unclear motives and leaves clues behind - similar to a Moriarty-type character - and given the era, there are parallels to a Holmes story; but even without the narrative the game’s rich, sumptuous presentation of this landmark event is well worth exploring on its own.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

1893 is one of those games I didn’t finish for some reason but remember really enjoying. I’ve got to play it again…

Reading about the world’s fair in the past makes them always feel a lot more magical than the world’s fair we’re having now (went to the ones in Aichi and Shanghai, it was fun but not really magical).

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am not familiar with the game, but welcome back.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I own only two text adventures, this one and Future Boy, and haven’t played either one yet.  I will put this one at the top of the pile.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top