• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

shanethewolfUndefined

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 3 Sept. 2016

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Beyond Atlantis (aka Atlantis 2)

Playing as Ten, the Bearer of Light, you make your way to a wiseman in the mountains of Tibet.  There he helps you travel to different geographic areas in time to gather the pieces you need to defeat the darkness.  Each geographic area, China, Yucatan, and Ireland, is beautiful, and the puzzles in each place are unique and well integrated into each environment.  A few puzzles are fairly challenging, but most of them are just plain fun. You also get to meet many interesting characters along the way, including this blue character you meet in a book.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Diego’s tribute theme to Atlantis II from Stéphane Picq & Pierre Estève.

great game, one the best of Cryo.. if not THE best.

Hi Lady.K it seems you crabapple are wild with games ‘thru the eyes’ of their protagonists (1st person).. dont wanna snatch the thread, but i always thought that 1st person ags are different from the core of PnC adventures, and they have their own mechanism which gives more reasons and atmosphere for puzzles and puzzles.
i grew soft with intensed puzzles tho there was a time my enjoyment with ags boiled down to the idea of being stuck (seriously) .. ags that had me challenged was my thing even if their puzzles were pushed for the sake of making it hard of me and gamers… yeah there was a time when devs enjoyed this and i/we couldn’t get enough..
but as i said i grew soft with insted games of puzzles and i happen to like my protagonists being there more where i can easily get attached to him/her which have became my thing.. and i believe devs had worked this out fine thru many ags that came after 2010…

anyways i still play 1st persons but i lately only encountered a hand full of them and little that i really liked and was dragged to finish them.

Side talk: diego do happen to have this made back track of yours to this atlantis theme??

Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nice cover, Diego!

Advie,
I have a soft spot for first person puzzlers, but I’ve had great experiences with all kinds of games.  To me there is so much variety in stories and styles that I haven’t yet gotten tired of any one type.  I can still say that I have enjoyed at least something in all the games I have played, and those I really love I’ve played more than once.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I started off with Atlantis 3 for PS2, tracked down Atlantis 1 (The Lost Tales) on PS via Ebay but it took quite a few years to acquire Atlantis 2 with the version being for PC. It was difficult to get it working on my XP at the time but I’m glad I did as I think out of the 3 games it is my favourite!  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This is the only one of the Atlantis games that I have played.  By the way, didn’t the Chinese Hell remind you of another Saturday game I posted about? Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 09 September 2016 09:34 PM

This is the only one of the Atlantis games that I have played.  By the way, didn’t the Chinese Hell remind you of another Saturday game I posted about? Smile

I had a look through the games you posted Lady Kestrel but I’m lost here & curious to know which game?  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Chinese hell is a bureaucracy like the one in Obsidian.  You even get to walk on the ceilingLaughing

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 11 September 2016 02:42 PM

The Chinese hell is a bureaucracy like the one in Obsidian.  You even get to walk on the ceilingLaughing

I remember Obsidian very well but….it was at the very least 10 years ago I played Atlantis 2 & have completely forgotten!  Pan

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top