• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021SamandMax

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday, 11 August

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Legend entertainment has a couple of scifi games in their library and you can’t go wrong with any of them. The Gateway series is an excellent and accessible text based adventure based on the Frederik Pohl books and this one is Mission Critical that is one of the rare Legend games that is not based in any book series.

It still feels like it’s based in other world because the whole universe and story is carefully thought out, even has a novel sequel. To make it even better the puzzles are carefully balanced to be challenging but not impossible with some awesome sequences.

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 11 August 2016 11:40 AM

Legend entertainment has a couple of scifi games in their library and you can’t go wrong with any of them.

That’s right! Remarkable, isn’t it. Smile

The Gateway series is an excellent and accessible text based adventure based on the Frederik Pohl books and this one is Mission Critical that is one of the rare Legend games that is not based in any book series.

Other Legend games not based on books are TimeQuest, Eric the Unready, and the Spellcasting trilogy.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Voted for this game on GOG community wishlist, would be nice to find it in their catalogue.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I played this shortly after it came out and remember liking it very much.  At the time I had such a bad vid card that I couldn’t even see the cut scenes but that didn’t matter.  I agree that you can’t go wrong with Legend games.

After getting a new computer I did replay my games and it’s illuminating how a good game doesn’t even need visuals if it’s compelling enough.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top