• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday, 12 July

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Gray Matter is underrated, for a simple reason people expected “miracle”, or another Gabriel Knight. And looking at how Moebius/GK remake went, I think it’ll be respected more.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not sure I would go as far as to say underrated. As far as expectations go, I would consider this “less bad” than the two other games you mentioned. Aside from the great music, this game had a lot of flaws.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

It was a nice “looking” game, and the story seemed promising.
But if you didn’t enjoy those “magic tricks” you were SOL.
I ended up not finishing the game because of them.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

The magic tricks, like the ‘analysis’ mechanic in Moebius, were a neat idea that didn’t quite work in practice. I was really encouraged that Jane’s new games were trying out novel mechanics like this, and with a bit (ok, maybe more than a bit) more work it could have been great.
I liked the idea of having a ‘recipe’ for a more complex set of interactions than a sequence of ‘use X on Y’ - but it turned into a ‘guess the right sequence’ puzzle because it had no understanding of why the ‘wrong’ answers were wrong. If, rather than just telling you ‘that’s wrong, try again’ the game had shown Sam thinking through what would happen if she did as you suggested, it could have been brilliant.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The magic tricks at GM are ‘a walk in the park’ shouldn’t really bother anyone.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top