• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Sunday, 10 July 2016

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Today, on 10 July we’ll get the Wimbledon champion and EURO 2016 champion, so it’s a perfect day for a trophy pic along with a real “cartoon adventure” champion - Day of the Tentacle.

Do you have a story to tell about adventure games BEFORE you got yourself a computer and actually played one?! Well, I do - after school I went with this friend to his house, and he showed me his trusty PC 286 and said - you’ve gotta see this game. Then, he plunged into Day of the Tentacle, playing it before my eyes, explaining things like time-travel, frozen hamsters, mad scientists… I needed no to play it myself to enjoy it immensely, watching it was enough, and I knew what’s gonna be my favorite genre when I get PC Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’m even better. I had no idea how these games were called (hell, I wasn’t even sure there were such games) - no one my age played computer games in those days, but I imagined (sort of had a premonition) there were games in which I’d have to solve puzzles in order to make the plot evolve. I swear. In 1999 (the same year I bought my first computer) I read about games based on MPFC show and did my best to find and buy those. The rest is history.

I’ll never forget how the first minutes of “Complete Waste of Time”* (god, if I only knew how much time I’m going to waste with AGs!) looked and sounded like. What a experience!

*which is barely a real adventure game, mind you

There, you made me miss a couple of games of Wimbledon finals! See how enthusiastic about AGs I am?

BTW, the first full-fledged adventure games I’ve heard of (read about in PC Gamer) were Day of the Tentacle and Sam & Max Hit the Road, and these two are my most favo(u)rite AGs up to this day.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

An Apple I came into our house when an office upgraded and gave them away.  We had no idea what the heck we needed one for but there it was so we had to get it a desk and something called “software.”  Luckily we had a computer store close by and there was a whole wall of game boxes!  I picked out a crazy looking one called “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” and started a life-long addiction.

We all had a great time figuring out what to type and laughing together at the hilarious outcomes.  Those are some of my best memories.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

My first was a no-name 8088 with a 20mb HD and it use those massive 5.25” floppies. It came pre-installed with a word processing program and a very rudimentary spreadsheet app. I upgraded to an RGB monitor and a crap dot-matrix printer. It was on this gem that I played KQ1, and the rest is history.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top