• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 1 July

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sorry about the mix-up last week. Here we go again.

Casual Friday

The name of the game is Fairly Twisted Tales - The Price of a Rose. Obviously a take off of “Fairy Tales.” In this case, it’s a strange take off of Beauty and the Beast as interpreted by Big Top Games.

I don’t remember much about this game. The graphics, or at least those I saw while looking for a suitable screenshot, are very good. Music is appropriate. Voice acting is good, but a little over the top at times. Almost all of the dialog is spoken with an English accent, and occasionally by actors who are not English.

While there are a fair number of HO scenes, there is also a fair amount of variety. And from what I’ve seen so far, all the objects are period appropriate.

I don’t remember much about the plot except our damsel in distress is named Bella, and the beast appears to be a werewolf rather than a well-dressed lion. I liked it enough to buy it after playing the demo. But apparently didn’t like it so much that it made a lasting impression.

Edit: I did finish the game. I had a week to do it after last week’s mix-up. It’s a nice game. Nothing spectacular. There is a bit of a mystery subplot that revolves around an end-of-the-world-type weapon that will be used in an un-named war. The game has an interactive map. Unfortunately, unless you remember (or took notes) where the slot is into which you are supposed to place the widget, it is somewhat worthless. That’s because it doesn’t highlight the sites where there is an open activity.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I haven’t played this game or any others that I guess might be in a series?
Whatever, I love the screenshot!  Smile

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I played the demo ages ago. Here are my notes on it: Beauty and the Beast story, mixed in with piracy???, lovely graphics, lots of HOs, standard puzzles, stiff characters, plenty of dialog, large gameworld, odd sense of timing/urgency, possible romance.

Err—were there pirates in this game?

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 04 July 2016 06:28 AM

Err—were there pirates in this game?

Um…no! There was a ship’s captain involved though. He was the one who was going to smuggle the doomsday weapon behind enemy lines.

If you only played the demo, you probably didn’t get the full story about his role in the game before the demo ended. And, considering all the pirate-themed games we’ve played, it was easy to assume he was a pirate.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top