• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Screenshot of the Day - Saturday 18 June

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Cassandra Galleries

Media tycoon and collector William Cassandra and his lovely daughter, Maya, have disappeared.  To find them, you must search and solve puzzles in the Cassandra mansion and its galleries of artifacts from different periods in history.  A special item in each gallery will lead you to the appropriate time period with its own set of puzzles.  The screenshot is from the section featuring 1920-1930. 

The story, told by various people in Cassandra’s life who pop into the mansion in grainy FMV, is a bit flimsy, and the ending is very abrupt, but the wide variety of puzzles and the look of the mansion rooms and environments are delicious. 

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Ooo, pretty.  Think I’ll look this one up.

Thanks Lady K.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It is difficult to find, Dara, unless you can get it used.  The copyright date is 1996 by Corel Corp. and Kutoka Interactive.  It ran on Windows 95 and Mac 7.1.  I’ve played it in classic mode on my pre-Intel Mac.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I remember wandering around the galleries in this game and enjoyed the exploration aspect. But I didn’t finish. I remember it as rather puzzle-heavy—one puzzle right after the other. But it’s been a long time, so my memory could be pulling a trick on me.

You know, I admire people who actually insist on finishing one game before they will start another. It shows character, I think. Do you agree?

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This one is definitely a puzzle fest, Becky, but the puzzles are all cleverly geared to each unique environment.  The most difficult one for me was setting up the time-line in the China section, mainly because my knowledge of Chinese history is weak.  However, the puzzle let me learn, so I eventually worked through it.

I’ve always preferred finishing one game before starting another, but it’s more my mindset rather than character.  When I first started playing, I was working and never had time to play more than one game at a time.  Also, the scarcity of new Mac games at the time limited my choices, so I would just savor each one as it came along.  Now that there are so many more Mac games being made, I have some games I’ve started but have gotten side-tracked by another game (usually a community playthrough) or just life in general.  Still, when I get into a game, I like to live in it for the duration.  It’s just more fun for me that way.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I love the screenshot Lady Kestrel which seems to be very untypical of most of the ones I’ve seen which are quite scanty in abundance apart from at MM.
Also there’s not a lot of info so thank you for the interesting post about the story & nature of the game - if Becky found it puzzle heavy I think I would most definitely too! but I’m still very intrigued!  Laughing

@ Becky, I think my character has declined considerably as at one time I was quite fervent about finishing one game before I started the next - whatever happened!!!  Laughing

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Those are all my screenshots of the game at MM, Chrissie. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Lady Kestrel - 18 June 2016 09:13 PM

It is difficult to find, Dara, unless you can get it used.  The copyright date is 1996 by Corel Corp. and Kutoka Interactive.  It ran on Windows 95 and Mac 7.1.  I’ve played it in classic mode on my pre-Intel Mac.

Yes it is hard to find.  Thanks for the details.  I’ve checked some of my ‘sources’ for old games and don’t find it.  I’d love to see your screenshots.  What is MM?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi Dara100, MM refers to the wonderful Mystery Manor Adventure site here:

Mystery Manor

Just scroll down to ‘The Winecellar’ to find the screenshot galleries - as well as those for Cassandra Galleries Thumbs Up I understand that many of the others were contributed by Lady Kestrel also!  Smile

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Thanks chrissie.  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top