• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 15 June

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Another great way to spend your summer vacation is of course to go on a road trip. Just jump in the car and go wherever the road takes you without any plans or schedule, stop to enjoy the scenery whenever you feel like, sleep under the stars, visit small lazy towns that otherwise don’t get many visitors, and in general just do whatever you want.

That is more or less what Brian Basco had planned in Runaway: A Road Adventure when he decided to drive from New York to California, but being an Adventure Game he of course quickly runs into (literally) a Damsel in Distress in the form of the stripper Gina Timmins, and ends up being chased by the Mafia all across the USA having to use all of his wits (and our puzzle skills) to keep both himself and Gina alive.

Fortunately he also gets a lot of help, both from the three “girls” in the screenshot, but also from Sushi Douglas (aka Tinkerbell), Saturn and Rutger in Douglasville, three characters that also appears in the sequels.

All in all an excellent game that imo especially excels with its many different settings and quirky characters.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Iznogood - 16 June 2016 09:05 AM

All in all an excellent game that imo especially excels with its many different settings and quirky characters.

I don’t disagree Iznogood as I wasn’t disappointed when I finally managed to get a copy of the game. It took me a while as, after reading about the game in a magazine, at the time I had very limited access to the internet & relied on either local ‘bricks & mortar’ stores to buy games from or by post via ‘catalogues’ from non-local game stores. I didn’t have that many PC games at the time & was so excited when it arrived in the post! Laughing

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

I also enjoyed the game, but having the voice of Nancy Drew (Lani Minella) play the stripper was a bit disconcerting! I had the exact same problem with the first Jack Keane.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

notanumber - 16 June 2016 12:44 PM

I also enjoyed the game, but having the voice of Nancy Drew (Lani Minella) play the stripper was a bit disconcerting! I had the exact same problem with the first Jack Keane.

Why? Lani Minella is a very talented voice-actress & I never noticed that the ‘voice of Nancy Drew’ was in either of those games.

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

chrissie - 16 June 2016 02:17 PM

Why? Lani Minella is a very talented voice-actress & I never noticed that the ‘voice of Nancy Drew’ was in either of those games.

My daughter has played every Nancy Drew game. I guess I have permanently associated her voice with Nancy Drew after hearing it so many times. It’s so ingrained that I have a hard time hearing her play other roles. It’s true, she is a talented voice actress, and I have probably heard her using different types of voices and not noticed her, but in both the games described, the voice is similar to the one she does for ND.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

notanumber - 16 June 2016 02:26 PM
chrissie - 16 June 2016 02:17 PM

My daughter has played every Nancy Drew game. I guess I have permanently associated her voice with Nancy Drew after hearing it so many times. It’s so ingrained that I have a hard time hearing her play other roles. It’s true, she is a talented voice actress, and I have probably heard her using different types of voices and not noticed her, but in both the games described, the voice is similar to the one she does for ND.

i agree these voice acting overlap could sometime cuz (what can i say..) confusion?
as when i heard April Ryan voice playing Saga’s mother at Dreamfall Chapters, and there is no (or will be) any significant use for this overlap, than that Ranger had promised April Ryan voice actor a role at the new journey

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

chrissie - 16 June 2016 10:30 AM

I don’t disagree Iznogood as I wasn’t disappointed when I finally managed to get a copy of the game. It took me a while as, after reading about the game in a magazine, at the time I had very limited access to the internet & relied on either local ‘bricks & mortar’ stores to buy games from or by post via ‘catalogues’ from non-local game stores. I didn’t have that many PC games at the time & was so excited when it arrived in the post! Laughing

Ahhh .. The Good Old Days where we were bursting with anticipation every time we bought a new game, and couldn’t wait to rip of the cellophane and start playing - Nowadays we just buy 10 games in a bundle and never get around to playing half of them Meh

I didn’t know that, but then again I have never played a ND game, so how should I know Tongue

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

notanumber - 16 June 2016 02:26 PM

I see what you are saying notanumber (& no contention meant on my part BTW!) - it’s just that Lani Minella has lent her voice-acting skills to over 500 games (mostly non-adventure) & of the adventures I just didn’t notice! A prominent voice-actor for many Indies has been John Bell who is quite recognisable in most of them.  Smile

Iznogood - 17 June 2016 07:29 AM

Ahhh .. The Good Old Days where we were bursting with anticipation every time we bought a new game, and couldn’t wait to rip of the cellophane and start playing - Nowadays we just buy 10 games in a bundle and never get around to playing half of them Meh

So true Iznogood! but I have to confess to having quite a few hard copies of games I haven’t got around to either but there was still more excitement on receiving them through the post rather than in a download bundle!  Laughing

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Iznogood - 17 June 2016 07:29 AM

I remember when FPFP was first released. I was telephoning every game store within a 30-mile radius looking for someone who had a copy. Finally located one about 10 miles away. Gave them a credit card number to hold if for me. Got in the car and raced to get it. And, like you said, tore off the cellophane and started playing. Many, many more experiences just like that.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top