• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday, 14 June

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ahhh… back when Dr. Watson didn’t look as the Victorian-hipster type of lad, and Sherlock wasn’t exactly the “Captain Britain” action superhero. What you get in Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Silver Earring instead is a plain-old detective fun, engrossing story and the quiz section that has been gradually watered-down with each next installment.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I really like this game, in fact I consider it the best of all Sherlock Holmes I’ve played (with the exception of the last one that I have not played yet). Much better than other games of Sherlock Holmes. Why? I think it’s a perfect combination between atmosphere, story, music and puzzles. And Watson is not as annoying as in the other games.

Also the way in which the clues are tying each other up until reaching the final conclusion is admirable. Sherlock Holmes shines in his splendor.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

2nd best, after Ripper.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

That can’t be Watson. Where’s his muttonchops and six-pack abs? Where’s Sherlock’s denim-lined 80s retro trenchcoat complete with reverse drape magenta scarf?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Ahh .. The Good Old Days when Sherlock was Sherlock and Adventure Games were Adventure Games - Unfortunately the game was also marred by some horrible navigation, a terrible sneak sequence and a godawfulterriblebadhorribleexecrable timed sequence!

Still think SH vs AL is the best in the series, it had all the good stuff from Silver Earring but not all of the (many) flaws.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top