• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 4 June

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Adventure at the Chateau d’Or

This edutainment game, released in 2001, was developed and published by Karma Labs.  I don’t think they published any other games, which is understandable because it’s not a very exciting game adventure-wise.  The pre-rendered slide-show graphics are pretty, but considering the size of the castle, you don’t get to explore much of it. 

The princess heir, presented in FMV cut scenes, chooses you to help her find the treasure hidden in the castle by the old duke.  To do so, you have to solve a variety of puzzles he has placed around the chateau, including a list of French history questions the duke’s ghost asks you.  The answers are found in books and videos scattered around the building.  I did have to review some of the facts before I could answer all of the randomly generated questions correctly, so it pays to take notes.  The rest of the puzzles are fairly easy, except for an illogical one in the wine cellar that also has a timed element.  For that one I did look at a walkthough. 

I didn’t dislike the game, and a few of the puzzles were fun, but I think that Heureka-Klett does a better job with both the edutainment and adventure aspects.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I played the game to completion & I think my impression is as yours Lady Kestrel in that I didn’t dislike it but it just wasn’t very exciting!  Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Are there many d’Or puzzles in this game?  Gasp

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

If I remember correctly, there’s one door code puzzle but no golden ones, Oscar.  Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top