• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 3 June

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

Danse Macabre - The Last Adagio is a really good game on many levels. First is the story

Thirty years before the story takes place there was a ballet performance. The ballet’s composer was in love with the prima ballerina. However, in a fit of jealousy rage, believing his love is cheating on him, he burns down the theater killing himself, his love and several musicians. Cut to today. The same ballet is going to be performed for the first time since its fateful performance thirty years ago. This time the prima ballerina is your sister. The performance does not take place as your sister has disappeared. It falls on you to find/rescue your sister. In doing so you will also meet with the deceased musicians who only want their souls released to that they may rest in peace. Another objective! And, finally, you must find a way to re-unite the star-crossed lovers.

The game is from EIPIX. Graphics are very high quality. Music is excellent, although, with all the wonderful orchestrations in the public domain I’m curious why the developers felt that original music was preferable to accompany their ballet-themed game. There are hidden object scences, but they are preseneted in a variety of ways. While I can’t confirm it, my guess is that EIPIX used the Spark HO Engine created by Artifex-Mundi, and that accounts for the high quality of these scenes. Puzzles are challenging, but not terribly difficult. My only criticism, which applies to most games, not just this one, is that I wish developers would spend more time on creating the description of the puzzle’s objective.

I very nice little game. There is an interactive map which is very helpful. Although the game is confined to the theater and the adjacent gardens, there are a lot of locations to visit. You will be using the map frequently.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rtooney , phd in casual hidden object games.
Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Please call me Tim. Everyone else does.

Thank you for anointing the PHd. Although, truth be told, I also like regular adventures.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

now i know where exactly have seen you before nomadso

the one on the right

maybe you would need ro rename yourself and friends will right call ye Tim. Tim
-

why that name
Danse Macabre is so familiar tho i am sure i haven’t played, Tim.

Image Attachments

maxresdefault.gif

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Tim—did you play the bonus chapter for this game? I remember admiring it.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I only played the SE version. I remember someone else saying the bonus game was good. I should try to catch a YouTube video.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top