• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday, 31 May

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anyone else thought portions with Gus Macpherson in Still Life were more interesting than Victoria’s?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

But I don’t remember the characters looking like this. It looks kind of bad

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

diego - 31 May 2016 04:53 PM

Anyone else thought portions with Gus Macpherson in Still Life were more interesting than Victoria’s?

I dont know on what AG i gave up playing them, but Syberia and Stilllife brought me back.
Then microids went to shit.
Later nintendo DS regained my faith.
DS AGs went shit.
And now KS and indies.

SL was a great murder mystery.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

sure, if it wasnt for Macpherson this game would have lost full two stars of its rating.  that is proven by the boredom that takes over at 2/3 of game’s length, once he is outta the picture.

great game.

there is that description that goes like “i am lady temptation give me what i desire most”..
hmm, where exactly did i hear this around these forums, not very long ago?

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m not even going to talk about the cookie puzzle! But the “evade the robot spider” puzzle was the worst for me. Other than that one horrible sequence, I loved this game. I don’t recall, in my lifetime, Still Life ever being nominated for an AGCPT. That’s a shame.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I loved this game. Yes, even the kitchen/cookie puzzle, it was a small and tiny puzzle that served to relax from all the investigation and that (unfortunately) some use it as an excuse to rant freely against it. And no, I do not think the story of Gus had been more interesting than Vistoria’ story.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

What was wrong with the cookie puzzle? I liked it.

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

I didn’t mind the cookie puzzle, it was the lockpicking puzzle that had me tearing my hair out for hours!

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I loved Still Life, but someone had to be hanged, shot and quartered for making an ending like that.
Especially if they didn’t have no intention whatsoever to tie up the loose ends in the sequel (yes, I haven’t played SL2).

I hated the robot puzzle, didn’t mind the cookie puzzle and the lock-picking puzzle.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ending made it more open and interesting.
I remember people posting clues and stuff all over forums to guess the killer.
It needed some detectivecwork.
Stilllife2 spoiled the suspense.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Gus Macpherson’s portions were great and were the only reason I enjoyed that game.
The parts with Victoria were pretty boring and forgettable.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top