• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 25 May

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The 2nd of my screenshots posted in Iznogood’s absence is from Discworld Noir

It’s long time since I played this very good game which focuses on private investigator Lewton solving a series of cases in Terry’s Pratchett’s dark & gloomy world of Ankh - Morpork.

From a puzzling point of view it’s a game that relies more on collecting clues, rather than inventory manipulation, & trying to find the connection between them & situations or people in order to progress. 
Amongst the very engaging aspects of this approach is that Lewton during the course of the game gains the ability to turn into a werewolf at will. In that form aside from the heightened sense of hearing he can experience is that of smell which is portrayed as different colours unique to situations & people which adds an interesting dimension to the way that Lewton is able to proceed with his investigations.     

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I remember that I was obsessed with collecting every possible different smell in the game, even if it was pointless to the entire story!!! Smile

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I did the same thing too Sefir! - at the time I had no access to walkthroughs (as I played it on PS1) & just tried everything but I managed to get through it with no help - it wasn’t easy but thought it had the mark of an excellent game in that the puzzling was logical + the game had a great story!    Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top