• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ace Attorney 5

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 August 2013 10:47 AM

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney coming to the US in 2014, also to Euro early 2014 Smile

3DS 1up

YES!!!

FInally a confirmation!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’m much more excited about this than by AA5. So, yay!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The game will be 30$/25€, not bad I guess…

And to anyone that wants a different console to play it, you will be able to do it on this monster that Nintendo decided to release on October: Smile

The 6th Layton game will be released on November 8 in Europe

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Yeah, Nintendo is on some crack with the 2DS.  If they wanted it to succeed, they should have put it at a lower price point because as it stands you can get a used 3DS on Amazon or Ebay for $100, and there are a ton of bundle deals out there that cost marginally more but are better deals by far.

On AA5, $29.99 is a solid deal.  Full retail would have been a big ask given that it’s digital only.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

An M rated AA5 is a deal at $29.95 - I suppose you could make a physical copy yourself cheaply.

1) Download the game to an SD card.

2) Go to Gamestop and buy a plastic 3DS box

3) Print out some COLOR ARTWORK and insert into the plastic box.

There you go - ready to play.

There is a chance a physical release will be done still - many have emailed Capcom begging for this.

Heart Eyes

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mikekelly - 30 August 2013 10:59 AM

An M rated AA5 is a deal at $29.95 - I suppose you could make a physical copy yourself cheaply.

1) Download the game to an SD card.

2) Go to Gamestop and buy a plastic 3DS box

3) Print out some COLOR ARTWORK and insert into the plastic box.

There you go - ready to play.

Wink that’s one day to do it.

Capcom should just kickstart a special physical edition to make collectors happy…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

HitBattousai - 30 August 2013 12:20 AM

Yeah, Nintendo is on some crack with the 2DS.  If they wanted it to succeed, they should have put it at a lower price point because as it stands you can get a used 3DS on Amazon or Ebay for $100, and there are a ton of bundle deals out there that cost marginally more but are better deals by far.

I thought so too at first. The thing is a monstrosity and its price isn’t even near low enough to be interesting, but someone (Marek) pointed out a few things to me which may make this decision by Nintendo not so bad after all.

The 2DS is almost certainly targeted at kids. For parents it’s a fantastic option since it’s cheaper than an iPod Touch, and it just looks like a toy that will keep a kid busy in the house or on the back seat of the car. That also means it doesn’t really need to be über portable.

Plus it lacks the main headache-inducing feature of the 3DS, the 3D, effectively eliminating a major health risk for young children… Tongue

HitBattousai - 30 August 2013 12:20 AM

On AA5, $29.99 is a solid deal.  Full retail would have been a big ask given that it’s digital only.

Is it still the case that you would have to buy the game again if something would happen to your SD card or your 3DS??? Or have they finally seen the light and figured out they need to keep the games registered to a user instead of a device?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 30 August 2013 12:11 PM

Is it still the case that you would have to buy the game again if something would happen to your SD card or your 3DS??? Or have they finally seen the light and figured out they need to keep the games registered to a user instead of a device?

Unfortunately, they have not seen the light and are still stuck in the past… only reason I’ve not gone digital-only on the 3DS.

I don’t think the 2DS price is that bad, the thing has all the features of the 3DS (backwards compatibility, digital store, etc) of the 3DS except the 3D. I just think its ugly has hell, looks impractical, and losing the clam-shell design makes it less portable.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

I responded with thoughts on the 2DS here so I don’t derail the thread about Ace Attorney.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Release date for Ace Attorney 5 - 24th October

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yea - this COULD be the best Ace Attorney game ever!

The 3DS needs a REALLY GOOD Ace Attorney adventure game and this should be it!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2013-03-13

PM

Hm, with Ace Attorney 5, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney and a new Zelda coming and a Professor Layton already available it seems I have to bite the bullet and buy a 3DS. I loved all the Ace Attorney games, especially the third, which kept my on my toes for the whole time - great story telling right there (and I’m normally not a big fan of anime stuff).

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The nice part of the current generation of handhelds is that for $199 each (3DS XL and VITA) you get allot of great gaming - there are many great adventure games to play on both of them.

They both have a touch screen interface which really makes adventure games fun to play.

Although I just finished “Tomb of Zoija” on my PC netbook and that was a blast too.

Interestingly, my favorite 3DS games are the Augmented Reality games - “The Hidden” and “Spirit Camera” that I like the best - nothing like them on any other system period.

Heart

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

For anyone interested, the first two cases of the second Miles Edgeworth game(first one was released in the US, second was Japan only) have been fan translated and the patch was released to the public a few days back.  Hopefully the rest will come soonish, but it did take the team involved about one and a half years of work to this point, so not sure how long the whole game will take.  That said, the first two cases are done very well, and unlike most of the games in the series the first case on this one is fairly long, close to the length of the second case.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top