• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 23 May

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Case Noir

Investigative crime drama this week

Some of this game is “ripped” and “edited”; from the “restoring” of a background or two to the heavy influence of the concept of another game.

It’s not impossible that - if you have played Ace Attorney - you might experience some weird deja vue in one or two of the screens! We’re not talking Limbo of the Lost here, but there are some steps in that direction.

Very often that sort of thing is a complete turn off for me, but in this case I like the game. Effort has definitely gone in and it is (to my mind) a very interesting idea.

As the name might suggest, this game is heavily influenced by LA Noire from the setup (Detective Jack Noir in a noir themed world), to the soundtrack, to the crime scene investigation sections with sound clues.

Unless I have just missed a load of games somewhere, this is the only game I can really think of that directly tries to emulate the feel and mechanics of the investigation part of LA Noire and to me that just seems extraordinary somehow. LA Noire was a popular game and, although I would accept that the investigations can get a bit samey, I liked them and I think a lot of other people did too. For the mainstream console audience maybe it does have to be a one off, but for us adventure gamers, surely we should be looking for more of this sort of thing (amongst and alongside other sorts of thing!)

Shouldn’t we? Or I am wrong and this has been done loads elsewhere?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Good review, makes me want to try this game.

I agree with you, I thoroughly enjoyed LA Noire and liked that it was an ideal game to play bits by bits. I could play a case then come back later for a new case a few days later. I definitely would love to have that sort of game again…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top