• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 20 May

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

Last week we talked about Dark Alley: Penumbra Motel as one of a very few casual games that have no hidden object scenes. This is another. It’s Azada - in Libro. Another game from ERS Game Studios. In fact, I think it is the second of only three HO-free casual games that I know of. The third is the predecessor of this game, Azada - Elementia. Personally, I think this game is the best of the three. (I’m leaving out Emerald City Confidential in this week’s discussion. It was discussed last week if you want to read about it. Coincidentally, it was discussed in detail last year on Friday the 13th when it had its own AGSotD.)

Regardless, this is a really good game with some really good puzzles.

The one thing that’s hard to understand is whether Azada is a book, or whether Azada is a place. There are three worlds that must be entered in order to save Azada, the place. But all three worlds must be entered via Azada the book.

As in the last game, Penumbra Motel, there is no map. Which makes navigating the game a real PITA. This is particularly true in the third chapter where getting lost is a blood sport. Still, it’s worth a play. Just be patient.

Side note: Those of us who signed up for AGSotD for the last year are seeing their contracts coming to an end. Iz has stated that he will continue until it’s no longer fun, and it seems to still be fun, so he is still on board for Puzzle Wednesday. Me, May 27 will be my last weekly Casual Friday post. I will post again on June 3. But from that point on Oscar and I will be sharing the posting responsibilities. Mine will still be casual games. Don’t know what Oscar’s will be, but I am certain it will be both great and entertaining.

I, again, must state my admiration to those who did this on a daily basis. It must have been fun for the first month or two. But brutal thereafter. A tip of the hat to B, K, K & c. You guys/girls were great.

Tim

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I really liked Azada -in Libro, both in terms of storytelling, puzzles and presentation. One of the few casuals I actually own and played before joining these forums. It is also the only one of the trilogy that I have ever played, so I can’t compare it to the other two. I think that Azada is a diffenrent world/dimension within the book and not just using the book as an entrance point (the Myst influences are strong in this one), but I may be wrong in this one. It makes no difference in the game’s story, nevertheless.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Make sure you nominate it again when the CCPT thread re-opens on June 1st. If you already have it, there are no national financial restrictions in play.  Cool

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 19 May 2016 09:23 PM

Side note: Those of us who signed up for AGSotD for the last year are seeing their contracts coming to an end. Iz has stated that he will continue until it’s no longer fun, and it seems to still be fun, so he is still on board for Puzzle Wednesday. Me, May 27 will be my last weekly Casual Friday post. I will post again on June 3. But from that point on Oscar and I will be sharing the posting responsibilities. Mine will still be casual games. Don’t know what Oscar’s will be, but I am certain it will be both great and entertaining.

I, again, must state my admiration to those who did this on a daily basis. It must have been fun for the first month or two. But brutal thereafter. A tip of the hat to B, K, K & c. You guys/girls were great.

Tim

Thank you Tim, it was an interesting thing to do for a couple of days a week but it did interrupt my playing of newer/unplayed games as I have to work & invested a lot of time in the games I featured. I would do it again but maybe next year.

BTW wilco keeps getting overlooked on his offer to continue!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

A very good casual game. I agree that it has a bit of that “Myst” thing going.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 22 May 2016 03:41 PM

A very good casual game. I agree that it has a bit of that “Myst” thing going.

If this game didn’t have a hint system, it would be VERY “Mystian.” In fact, if it didn’t have a hint system it would probably qualify as a regular adventure game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top