• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 19 May

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The 3DS eshop is full with strange titles that are not available anywhere else. The games are barely talked about in the press and sometimes browsing I wonder if there are hidden gems over escaping. Judging by this week’s game Parascientific Escape: Cruise in the Distant Seas (3DS) the answer is just no.
In this one you have to escape a sinking cruise ship solving a bunch of puzzles for each room using your telekinesis and other powers. The gameplay is ok, it’s just that everything is very flat, from the art to the story, and it feels like it tried to be a shorter Zero Escape but without any interesting twist. Still, it’s a short playthrough for anyone in need of a new adventure on the portable machine.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Apart from being able to access my sister’s DS when I go visit with interesting games like Cape West I’m not sure that I’ve come across too many descriptions of games that actually would urge me to buy that consol myself - but I may be missing out?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The DS has a great adventure library and is definitely worth having.

The 3DS has a more limited AG library, but at least it’s backwards-compatible…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yes, the 3DS is what is worth it now since it plays everything. AA series, Cing games, Layton games, ZE series. That’s more than 15 games right there.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Except that DS games look like shit on the 3DS because they have slightly different resolutions and the 3DS tries to stretch the picture.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 20 May 2016 01:37 PM

Except that DS games look like shit on the 3DS because they have slightly different resolutions and the 3DS tries to stretch the picture.

How to rescale DS games on the 3DS ?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I remember trying that a few years back and not being quite happy with it, though I can’t remember why now.

(I tend to replay my DS adventures on my PC with an emulator nowadays; much more convenient.)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 20 May 2016 04:21 PM

I remember trying that a few years back and not being quite happy with it, though I can’t remember why now.

(I tend to replay my DS adventures on my PC with an emulator nowadays; much more convenient.)

Maybe the black bars? they end taking a big part of the screen and that might be distracting. I personally don’t use it, I don’t mind the look when the 3DS stretches it to fit the screen

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top