• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 30 April

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

Last Saturday we discussed a fictitious starship named Titanic, but this week we’ll deal with the real thing…well, sort of, as you shall see. 

The game opens 30 years after the sinking of the Royal Mail Steamer Titanic and you, a former agent for the British secret service named Carson, live in a cheap flat in wartime London.  After the introduction, you suddenly find yourself thrust back in time to your stateroom aboard that luxurious and unsinkable ship that is the pride of the White Star Lines.  You have a secret mission to accomplish before the fatal encounter with that floating ice mountain in the North Atlantic.

Pictured above is your boss, Penny Pringle, who will give you information to further your joint mission.  In addition, you will meet a wide cast of interesting (and often funny) characters, including passengers and crew members, who may or may not provide helpful hints and who may have agendas of their own. 

The well-rendered graphics have been taken from real photos of the ship. There’s much to explore, which may be a bit overwhelming at first, but early on you’ll receive a map of it from your steward, Smethells, who is also a good source of information about the ship itself.  You will encounter puzzles that vary in type and difficulty, but none that are onerous.  There are also inventory items to find, and what you do with 4 of them can change future history for better or for worse.  In fact, there are 8 different endings to the game.  I have achieved 3 of them, including, finally, the best one.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

That looks like an interesting game, Lady K.  I’d love to see pics of the interior.  I think I saw a demo for it somewhere and I’ll take a look.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There’s a trailer here at AG:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/videos/view/22432

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I remember a Titanic game that was released pre-2000. I can’t remember the title for the life of me, but I’m wondering if it might be this game. There was also a casual Titanic game that wasn’t bad as I recall.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This one looks like fun - I guess they were one year early with the release, in order to hit a financial jackpot Grin (with the movie coming one year after it).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The copyright is 1996 by Baracuda/Cyber Flix.  I bought the game in 2000 from them, but alas, their website is no more.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I started playing the game a couple of years ago then realised I should restart & take notes as it looked like there were some variations - unfortunately I haven’t got back to it yet but it was interesting as far as I got!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

One thing I like about it is that there are several ways to achieve the same goals.  For instance, one of the characters may take something from you that you need, but later you may find something they need to use in exchange for it or you might find out where they hid it.  It makes the gameplay more realistic.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top