• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 27 April

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I almost skipped the “Midweek Puzzle” logo today, because lets face it, the puzzles are not the strongest point of Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet.

There is as such nothing wrong with the puzzles, they are both 100% logical and fair, they are well hinted and your objectives are always clear, there are no pixel hunting and it even has a similar structure to the classic Monkey Island games with three trials and everything.
The only problem is that they are also so darn easy that they don’t even give you reason to pause.

There was however one single puzzle, that actually had me stumped for a while.
Nelly is put on trial for being in cahoots with a cat burglar (he he, get it? CAT burglar), and it basically works as a standard dialogue puzzle, where you have to pick the right response to each accusation. However even though it is hinted what you have to accomplish with your responses, then I’m ashamed to say that I completely overlooked those hints, and it took me quite a while before I noticed a pattern. It is a good thing that most of the responses are so funny, that I would tried them all anyway, even if I had paid attention to the hints.

So if the puzzles are not the strongest point about this game, what is then?
Well, I will tell you: HUMOUR.

Seriously, this game has some of the wittiest, best written and most funny dialogue I have seen in a game for a long time. The story is also quite funny, albeit a bit on the silly side, but it is the witty dialogue that carries this game, and almost every single exchange is quote worthy.

P.S. Some of you might have noticed I have posted this a day early, the reason being I don’t know if or when I will be able to post tomorrow - So don’t read this before tomorrow, and everything will be fine.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 26 April 2016 01:42 PM

So don’t read this before tomorrow, and everything will be fine.

Too late. (Next time, write this at the top of the text, with a red paint.)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sheesh, Izno!  Now I’m going to go around all day thinking it’s Wednesday!

I’m looking forward to playing this one soon because I love Alasdair’s sense of humor.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Diego beat me to the punch.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top