• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 21 April

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I recently played Again (DS), one of Cing’s last games and it was a disappointment. Game plays like police procedural show, you control a FBI agent in charge of special crimes. Your character was the ability to see crimes scenes in the past and present which is just an excuse for the gameply mechanics. Like in the screenshot the DS is hold vertically and the left screen shows the past and the right the present. Finding the differences is the basis for the puzzles and activating the ability to watch past events.

That part is ok, the problem is the rest that I felt it was painfully average for Cing. Gone are the good stories, mysterious characters and cool art. In is a average story with telegraphed twists, flat side characters and some animated real photos of characters doing weird faces. The story starts very interesting but by the time you are halfway through the game, the player probabaly already figured what happened and yet the game still makes you endure through the slow investigation and finally see the 2 main leads figuring it out. Even the cliffhanger at the end is obvious!
One game that probably would have benefited from being cut in half…
(Screenshot is a bit small, but sometimes good DS shots of what I want are difficult to find)

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I played this game a few years ago. I literally cannot remember anything about it: plot, characters, gameplay… I had even forgotten that it used the two screens to show past and present. Or that it ended on a cliff-hanger.

So, yeah… Not up to Cing’s usual standards.

wilco - 21 April 2016 01:22 PM

(Screenshot is a bit small, but sometimes good DS shots of what I want are difficult to find)

That’s what emulators are for. Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yeah, it’s not a remarkable game at all, I’ll probably won’t remember much from it at the end of the year… I now fear for that new series with Ex-CIng team members if it’s like this.

Kurufinwe - 21 April 2016 01:59 PM

That’s what emulators are for. Tongue

That’s way to much trouble, having to play the game “again”, I could have used a youtube video, but this game doesn’t even have good videos…

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

A health bar in an adventure game is never a good sign.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yeah, the past-present mechanic was a novel idea, but it was sadly also the only novel idea in the game. The rest was mediocre to bad. The longer the game lasted, the worse it got. By the time we got the cliffhanger, I was ready to just throw my hands up in the air…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 21 April 2016 06:03 PM

A health bar in an adventure game is never a good sign.

I don’t actually knows what happens if you the bar goes all the the way down, probably have to restart an investigation. The mechanic is you lose health if you choose to focus on the wrong objects but the game but usually it is pretty obvious.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 21 April 2016 07:00 PM

Yeah, the past-present mechanic was a novel idea, but it was sadly also the only novel idea in the game. The rest was mediocre to bad. The longer the game lasted, the worse it got. By the time we got the cliffhanger, I was ready to just throw my hands up in the air…

I’d say the game was great to cure insomnia, I never fell asleep so many times with the DS is hand Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top