• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday, 18 April

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Prime Minister’s Questions: The Game

Most games made with AGS are adventure games. Some are very much not, quite a surprising variety actually, and some are… well… I dunno. Make your own mind up about this one.

Created 5 years ago now, you play as David Cameron, Prime Minister of good old blighty, and you must survive and win a session of Prime Minister’s Questions against the leader of the opposition (Ed Milliband when the game was made back in 2011).

For those not familiar with the ins and outs of the mother of all parliaments, Prime Minister’s Questions is an event every Wednesday afternoon in the UK in parliament where the Prime Minister fields questions from other MP’s, lead by the leader of the opposition. In theory it is for MP’s of any party to put questions to the Prime Minister on current and future policy and raise issues from their own constituencies etc. In reality it is little more than both sides trying to gain press friendly soundbites “dissing” the opposite side and score political points. There is jeering, booing and cheering from all in a thoroughly childish manner. [/cynicism]

Perhaps in satire of those facts comes this game. The PM and the leader of the opposition have health bars and you must deflect/answer the questions put to you in such a way as to make the leader of the opposition look stupid or wrong. It’s really a very novel idea for a game and although it is short, it is clever, funny and (for my money) exposes some of the flaws of the Westminster system.

In a way, I suppose you could say that the game is only a series of dialogue puzzles and on one view that would be correct. However, the health bars, special moves and other bits take it beyond that into something that is really quite surprisingly fun although difficult to define.

There are some sound effects and speech (mostly cheering/jeering etc. and interjections from the speaker) although it is mostly unvoiced.

Well worth a look out of interest, especially if you have any interest in UK politics, or indeed politics in general.

Also - just in case anyone is interested, you can compare and contrast by watching some of last week’s actual real life PMQ’s here.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Intense Degree - 18 April 2016 08:22 AM

[/cynicism] [/realism]

FYP Wink

“‘Owz anyone out there meant to restecp each otha? If you lot in ‘ere, don’t even start restecpa-ing one another?” Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Haha! Ages since I’ve seen any Ali G!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top