• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday, 14 April

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

LSD - Dream Emulator (PS1) is a surrealistic dream exploration game. It’s… well, better to just see it
I believe LSD might stand for Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

Total Posts: 5586

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I can see where this game can be very addictive, Wilco.  No matter where you go, you end up somewhere else.  The graphics are basic but still compelling, and I like the change in the sound of your footfalls as they tread on different surfaces.  Is the goal to fill in all parts of the face at the end of each day?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

You sure they are not referring to the LSD drug? Tongue It looks like whoever made this game was on it Grin

Total Posts: 5586

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

These are the lyrics to “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds,” SoccerDude: Smile

Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly,
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Cellophane flowers of yellow and green,
Towering over your head.
Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes,
And she’s gone.
Lucy in the sky with diamonds.
Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain
Where rocking horse people eat marshmallow pies,
Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers
That grow so incredibly high.
Newspaper taxis appear on the shore,
Waiting to take you away.
Climb in the back with your head in the clouds,
And you’re gone.
Lucy in the sky with diamonds.
Picture yourself on a train in a station,
With plasticine porters with looking-glass ties.
Suddenly someone is there by the turnstile,
The girl with kaleidscope eyes.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

SoccerDude28 - 15 April 2016 05:14 PM

You sure they are not referring to the LSD drug? Tongue It looks like whoever made this game was on it Grin

Same thing - The Beatles was obviously on LSD when they wrote “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”, and the title is a clear reference to the drug Tongue

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Paul McCartney is on record saying that his daughter (can’t remember which one) looked up at the sky and said something like “ooh, look. Lucy is in the sky with diamonds”. This was in a response to the accusation that The Beatles were trying to glamourize Lysergic Acid Diethylamide by the Sixties media. Please feel free to believe whatever you wish Grin

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

Jabod - 16 April 2016 09:00 AM

Paul McCartney is on record saying that his daughter (can’t remember which one) looked up at the sky and said something like “ooh, look. Lucy is in the sky with diamonds”. This was in a response to the accusation that The Beatles were trying to glamourize Lysergic Acid Diethylamide by the Sixties media. Please feel free to believe whatever you wish Grin

Paul McCartney is also on record saying “we all live in a yellow submarine”

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lady Kestrel - 15 April 2016 05:07 PM

I can see where this game can be very addictive, Wilco.  No matter where you go, you end up somewhere else.  The graphics are basic but still compelling, and I like the change in the sound of your footfalls as they tread on different surfaces.  Is the goal to fill in all parts of the face at the end of each day?

I think so, but I’m not sure anybody was able to do it. There is a more detailed explanation here. In the end the game is mostly about exploring the crazy dreams and listening to the soundtrack. One of those unusual games from Japan that showed up in the Psone era.

About the LSD name, wikipedia says the game director said it meant to be something something Dream and no real name. In the game intro some possible names show up like Lucid Daring Dream but I’m sure the game is as much about dreams like the Beatles song is about the girl Lucy in a sky full of diamonds

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

GrahamDaventry - 16 April 2016 09:30 AM

Paul McCartney is also on record saying “we all live in a yellow submarine”

I feel I should quote Paul Bettany here. He said:

The world is split into two kinds of people, those who would go out for a drink with John Lennon, and those who’d choose Paul McCartney ... After The Beatles came back from India, Lennon wrote “Happiness Is a Warm Gun” and McCartney wrote “Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da”. End of argument.

Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top