• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

szaharici

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 13 April

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Well, you can’t really have a series about puzzles without at least mentioning the infamous goat puzzle in Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars - so here it is .. The Infamous Goat of Lochmarne

When I originally played this game, I really didn’t think twice about this puzzle. I might have use a walkthrough or I might have solved it by myself, I simply can’t remember, but for me it was just another puzzle, and not something I though about twice. It was only later, when it started appearing on list of the “most unfair puzzles”, “worst puzzles” or “most difficult puzzles” that I started paying attention to it, though I still don’t think that there is anything unfair or worst about this puzzle - it’s just a difficult puzzle.

Nowadays Revolution Software has managed to turn this into a positive thing, and is even using it in their marketing with “The Order of The Goat” and everything. I can’t imagine something similar will ever happen with the cat hair moustache in GK3, or most of the other puzzles on those lists.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Good, “non-standard” puzzle. The goat puzzle in Broken Sword 5 had the potential to reach it, but it was a bit easier because George would drop hints along the way unlike the original.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Yeah, same for me. First time through I solved it quite quickly, possibly more by accident than anything. I actually found getting over the wall into the castle much more difficult!

Just luck of the draw I guess.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top